What cross am I?

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My year old adopted today.
Long hair but hair is very loose in sense keep on shedding. Have showered and groomed today but hair still shedding. What breed origin she can have?
Was told she is Persian mix but the face is unique in her own way.
Fur is silky soft.
And she is very quiet and even her occasional meows are on the soft side.
All comments appreciated.
IMG20210113223109.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a repeat of most of the answer from your other thread 1yr old cat to be adopted

I would describe your cat as a torbie domestic longhair. Torbie means "tortie tabby." It's possible that her color may be silver torbie. Silver tabby / torbie cats have a band of white at the root of each hair. You can determine the color by parting the hair and looking at the hair roots.

She doesn't have obvious Persian ancestry from these pictures. It's possible she may have a Persian farther back in her family tree. It's also possible that someone decided she was a "Persian mix" simply because she has long hair.

She's a beautiful cat!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A beautie! The fur is gorgious, and with all these rich colors... Her torbie with white gives here a nice blend.

IF she has a persian background for real, it could be from a doll face persian.
This way, her persian Ancestor doesnt need to be that far away as if he were a modern flat face persian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks but hard to say what her cross is.i suppose of the too much of cross breeding.
She has a very low chirpy meow. Not very active but crave to be patted or fed. Only thing that is similar to Persian will be her constant shedding. Now have cut her fur very short as believe her fur was not taken care well

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks but hard to say what her cross is.i suppose of the too much of cross breeding.
She has a very low chirpy meow. Not very active but crave to be patted or fed. Only thing that is similar to Persian will be her constant shedding. Now have cut her fur very short as believe her fur was not taken care well
Most cats are not "cross-breeds" like dogs. Most cats are simply domestic cats, without any breeds in their ancestry at all. Although it's certainly possible that she might have Persian in her background, she also might just be a beautiful domestic longhair without any breeds or "cross breeding." All cats shed.

I hope you are getting along with your new cat and getting to know one another! Hopefully now that you have this initial trim done, you can establish a grooming routine, so that when her beautiful long hair grows out, you will not have any trouble keeping it combed and manageable.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like she is adjusting well! Is she feeling more confident now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not really. She hisses at my kids. She follows me around and lets me pat her and brush. That's because she stays in the study where I usually work. Now already started to climb tall cabinets. Not sure what her meows mean. Need to train her day life as she sleeps the whole day and roams the whole night.