What could my little stray be?

Metal Fox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been wondering what my kitties possible mix of breeds she could be. She is mostly gray, with a white/tan belly and gray spots. Her tail is in a curly kink.
Her personality is very sweet and cuddly in the morning, she mostly sleeps, but at night time she loves to run around and cause chaos and explore.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Cute little girl! She is a domestic short haired spotted tabby cat. The spotted tabby refers to the coat pattern, and not a breed. Most cats, unlike dogs, are not any particular breed. Nice pic of your dog too. They both look so sweet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Metal Fox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Cute little girl! She is a domestic short haired spotted tabby cat. The spotted tabby refers to the coat pattern, and not a breed. Most cats, unlike dogs, are not any particular breed. Nice pic of your dog too. They both look so sweet!
Thank you for the information! The picture of my dog was an accident, but my kitty is still there holding on to her tail ☺

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it two different cats? Both seems to be broken mackerel, but one has a white paw, and the other hasnt no white paws...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Metal Fox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it two different cats? Both seems to be broken mackerel, but one has a white paw, and the other hasnt no white paws...
It's all the same cat, I think the last photo just had weird lighting to make her paw look white, sorry for that, I didnt notice.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, she looks like my baby and no one could tell me what kind of cat Jeff was. I sent you a PM. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I see it now---I think the white thing is part of the fabric's pattern, and she has her paw tucked under her, so it looks like she has a white paw. You probably couldn't get that pic on purpose if you tried :D.

I think she looks more like a broken mackerel tabvy, rather than spotted tabby. But, yes, definitely a domestic shorthair. Very few cats have any kind of breed background at all.