Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What Contradictory Things Does Your Cat Do?

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by lastresgatitas, Mar 14, 2019.

1. lastresgatitas

lastresgatitas Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Mar 14, 2019
    Michigan
    Does your cat have any weird habits that totally goes against the rest of their personality? Our cat Betty looooooves us, but she's generally skittish around other people. She doesn't like enclosed spaces or being picked up (laps are great though). However, she will let me put stuff on her head. She actually seems to kind of like it![​IMG]
    Sorry the picture is sideways- I'm not sure how to rotate them. She also tolerates clothes surprisingly well:[​IMG]

2. Faikey

Faikey TCS Member Kitten

Mar 15, 2019
    Phoenix
    She runs right up to dogs but is weirdly scared and backs down to other female cats. Despite being twice their size. Like new dogs are cool but new cats make her skittish. The second day I had her she slept on top of my dog so she could be spooned too.

If she wants my attention she just jumps on me gently even if I'm playing a virtual reality game and moving around like crazy. To other people she purposely meows or chirps or whatever to annoy them for attention like it's a game for her.

3. bengalcatman

bengalcatman TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 5, 2014
    Eastern PA
    The window behind our wood stove is 5 feet wide and 10 feet high and has a nice wide ledge for cats to lay on. The window gives a great view of our back yard, bird feeders and most importantly in this story: the weather outside.

Makena, our bengal, will spend all day looking out this window at a snowstorm... then when we get home he begs to go for his daily walk.

But Makena can't tolerate really cold weather and he never really cared for snow....

So he will lay in the window during a snow storm, watching the snow get deeper, watching the wind blow the snow every which way...
    [​IMG]

When this is the view of the yard
    [​IMG]

And this is the bird feeders
    [​IMG]

And then he will BEG to go outside.

So we put his harness and jacket on, open the door, and he is TOTALLY shocked to see that the snow is over his head, the wind is howling and its freezing cold.... and yep, just like the view out the giant window, there is a snow storm

He will walk out a few feet, I suppose just to be sure that the white stuff is in fact snow, and that it is in fact windy and cold... then turn around and want back in, a look of disgust and disappointment on his face.
    [​IMG]

He won't ask to go out again the same day, but the next morning, he will give it a try again. He can't seem to get the idea that whats outside that big window is actually what is outside. Takes him by surprise every time.

Makena will do the same thing with a rain storm... there could be buckets of water coming down, lightning and thunder... but by golly he figures its a nice day for a walk. Makena's optimism is steadfast until he heads out about ten feet....and starts to get wet. Fur soaked, whiskers dripping, he will stomp back inside. Probably doesn't make him feel any better when we laugh at him either.

Makena is a highly intelligent cat in every other way, but its been years and he can't figure this out.

Maria Bayote purraised this.

4. Saber_Wing

Saber_Wing TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 22, 2018
    Oliver is super distrustful of most people - he'll stick around, but he typically doesn't let anyone but me touch him. Occasionally, even for me, if I go for his head too fast, he shies away. He hid probably for the first few months I had him.

Ironically, he LOVES attention. Can't get enough cuddles. Flops on the floor at my feet so I'll stops walking and pet him. Lay across my laptop keyboard so I'll stop what I'm doing and pet him. He has even booted his brothers out of the way so he could get pets first, little shit, lol.

5. LAL

LAL TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 20, 2018
    Ohio
    I split up Melody's 3oz cans, giving half right away and half about 15 minutes later-to avoid scarf & barf. There isn't an issue putting down the first halfhalf. But, when I try to put down the second? Melody to the left of me, now the right, No, left again. Forward a step, back 2.Meowing like it's been weeks since she ate! She'd definitely get the second course faster if I could walk something approaching a straight line...