• Bella Vista

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At the rate we are going, my husband and I are on the eight year plan to get the house painted. We finally got part of the front done this year and we had new doors put in last month. Before the old front door was replaced, I had around eight different colors painted on it to get ideas. The Bella Vista was our choice from that. I recently found Lapis Lazuli and I'm intrigued by it. My husband is still in favor of the Bella Vista because he feels the contrast is better.

Which do you think looks best?

color.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the Lapis against the siding myself, but either color is very nice and should be very pretty :)

I'd probably take the door off the hinges, paint it bright red, have the cats and dogs walk in paint and then bring out some toys and have them run over it for some artistic indulgence, so my opinion amounts to squat :crazy:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between the two, I would go with the Bella Vista.

Just throwing thsi out there: If I were going to go with blue for a slate colored house, I would go with something like Flashy Sapphire or Beacon Blue from Behr. (I am just using Behr to show the color.) With the white trim and the slate siding, a bright saturated hue would stand out beautifully.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer Bella Vista, but with the dark gray house, I would go for a bright red, about the same color as the over print you used.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are going to hate me.
Neither.
I'd go with something completely contrasting in a different color family.
However, I did vote for the Bella Vista. It's possible that the photo isn't reading the house color properly on my computer. It seems kind of blue in tone but if it's gray, then the Bella Vista would work. The Lapis IMO is too close.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just throwing thsi out there: If I were going to go with blue for a slate colored house, I would go with something like Flashy Sapphire or Beacon Blue from Behr. (I am just using Behr to show the color.) With the white trim and the slate siding, a bright saturated hue would stand out beautifully.
We tried a similar shade and it we did not like it at all.

I would go for a bright red
I'd go with a red for contrast.
Red is a big no. I do not like red.

It seems kind of blue in tone but if it's gray, then the Bella Vista would work.
It's Behr Platinum Gray -

platinum-gray-behr-premium-plus-paint-colors-ppf-49pp-64_1000.jpg

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for the Bella Vista of the two you have chosen. Personally, I like the red too as Winchester Winchester suggested. Nice looking home. Good luck with your choice. The thing is, you have to like it. It doesn't really matter how we vote. :lol:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We tried a similar shade and it we did not like it at all.

Red is a big no. I do not like red.

It's Behr Platinum Gray -

View attachment 275138
Ok that looks much truer gray - I'm also on my work computer now which may make a difference. I'll stick with Bella Vista then. It will have good contrast and a nice pop of bright color against that gray. I like doors to look "happy" and welcoming and that would do the trick nicely.