What Color Is My Cat?

Whisper123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’ve had my cat since he was a kitten but I’m not positive on his coloring. His name is Zeus and he is a Siberian forest cat, father is an orange tabby and mother is a torti. I feel live he is a blue or gray tabby, but his undercoat is really light. Even under us black marking.
image.jpg

A1CB63B0-492A-4C41-8771-C2538E1038FF.jpeg

2796CF3A-EB37-4F24-9737-DE2DF48C1F6F.jpeg

Maruna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, this is completely irrelevant to your question but I noticed in the second and third picture that the fur around Zeus’ eyes and mouth is more of a yellow colour compared to the white like his paws are. This is indicative of jaundice and I’d highly recommend taking your cat to the vet to get this checked using blood tests to find out as it can become worse if untreated and can be fatal. Another indicator is lethargy and disinterest in food.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’ve had my cat since he was a kitten but I’m not positive on his coloring. His name is Zeus and he is a Siberian forest cat, father is an orange tabby and mother is a torti. I feel live he is a blue or gray tabby, but his undercoat is really light. Even under us black marking. View attachment 384016
View attachment 384014
View attachment 384015
I don't know his "official" coloration name, but he is brown tabby-ish (and VERY handsome!) if the photos are anything to go by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whisper123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is completely irrelevant to your question but I noticed in the second and third picture that the fur around Zeus’ eyes and mouth is more of a yellow colour compared to the white like his paws are. This is indicative of jaundice and I’d highly recommend taking your cat to the vet to get this checked using blood tests to find out as it can become worse if untreated and can be fatal. Another indicator is lethargy and disinterest in food.
Oh, I’ll look into that! Thank you for the comment, I didn’t even know what that was.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To the OP - It's not jaundice.

Jaundice shows up in the ear flaps, whites of their eyes and gums.

That warm brown tone is the cats normal coat color. The mother is Tortie and father is red - the cat appears to be a blue (dilute of black) tabby and white along with some red tones around the muzzle and eyes and possibly a smoke too but that's always hard to tell.

He's quite handsome! How old is he? If still on the young side his coat may change for a while.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm he might be a silver smoke. Silvers can have the tarnished look. Mom looks to be a tortie smoke. Did the breeder not tell you the coloring?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Both his papers and passport should have his colour listed.
He looks like a silver tabby with roufism/tarnishing which is giving him the warmer tones around the muzzle and around his neck, given that he looks to have a white band of hair by the roots (at least on my screen). I’m guessing his mother must be a tortie smoke.

Whisper123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To the OP - It's not jaundice.

Jaundice shows up in the ear flaps, whites of their eyes and gums.

That warm brown tone is the cats normal coat color. The mother is Tortie and father is red - the cat appears to be a blue (dilute of black) tabby and white along with some red tones around the muzzle and eyes and possibly a smoke too but that's always hard to tell.

He's quite handsome! How old is he? If still on the young side his coat may change for a while.
He just turned three not too long ago, thank you for clearing up the Jaundice thing!

Whisper123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both his papers and passport should have his colour listed.
He looks like a silver tabby with roufism/tarnishing which is giving him the warmer tones around the muzzle and around his neck, given that he looks to have a white band of hair by the roots (at least on my screen). I’m guessing his mother must be a tortie smoke.
Ah, I greatly appreciate these comments. I’ll check to see what his papers say.