What color is my 5-6 week old kitten?

KennasKritters03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently rescued a kitten that lost her mom. I believe she is about 5-6 weeks old. Mom was a regular old tabby but I'm not sure what dad was. Maybe dad was white or Siamese? I don't know anything about cat genetics. What is my kittens color called? She is white with grey ears and a striped grey tail but she has these big patches of creamish color on her back and a couple little face stripes that are also cream. Never seen this color before. She also has beautiful blue eyes! I have seen cats with grey ears, tails and spots on the back but never seen one with grey tail/ears that has face stripes and back spots of a totally different color. What is this called? She is beautiful. She also has a pink nose and paw pads. ❤🐈🐈⬛🐱 I can get more pictures if need be. Just curious what her color is called as I have never seen it before and I have seen TONS of cats. She had 2 other siblings that were white with grey ears and grey striped tail but they didn't have the cream markings like she does.

Attachments

Adasha

Bottle-Baby Rescuer!
Kitten
Purraise
My app shows it’s this, which is really cool! It’s beautiful!!!!
783CE3E5-5990-46EC-8212-FE9714E17ACE.png
6223AF71-79C0-48FB-B897-E050F0146F11.png
79FC5F71-F373-4784-AEB1-DE6D4A96EDCC.png
14E459D2-5398-4C94-B362-930A8A52D6EA.png

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue tortie with high white markings. Like the vast majority of cats, domestic shorthair with no particular significant breed ancestry.

Adasha

Bottle-Baby Rescuer!
Kitten
Purraise
These apps are in no way accurate. They’re just a bit of fun. Several of them think one of my pedigree Maine Coons is a Bengal for some reason .
Yes, I’m aware. But it’s been quite right so far. I love reading about the history. But I have a Maine Coon so…
Even if it’s not accurate, it’s a good starting point.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Likely your cat is a diluted tabby. Very diluted by the looks of it! 😂 Very beautiful in any case.

The cool thing about cat genetics is that we can see there "where it comes from" better than dogs. That's because many cat breeds are relatively new in comparison. So we see where they took say domestic short hair with X conditions and Siamese with X conditions to try and get X result. Very fun. So sometimes we see, oh our cat is vocal and sounds like a ragdoll, and we don't really know if that's because their genetic history is ragdoll or they have genetics that show up in other breeds that were bread together to make the ragdoll breed.

Anyway it's a lot of fun! We have a cat now who has the genetics of the tail sitting perpendicular to his back when happy.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is a colorpoint and will darken as she ages so you can see what type she will be. She has a ton of white so its tricky to tell. I would also say she is older 7-9 weeks old :)

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks to be some sort of tabby-and-white colourpoint. I know you said grey in parts but doesn't look super grey to me, probably just a standard "brown" tabby but it's so hard to tell with those photos and with so much white. It should become more obvious what her colour really is as she darkens with age.

And yeah, definitely older than 5-6 weeks.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently rescued a kitten that lost her mom. I believe she is about 5-6 weeks old. Mom was a regular old tabby but I'm not sure what dad was. Maybe dad was white or Siamese? I don't know anything about cat genetics. What is my kittens color called? She is white with grey ears and a striped grey tail but she has these big patches of creamish color on her back and a couple little face stripes that are also cream. Never seen this color before. She also has beautiful blue eyes! I have seen cats with grey ears, tails and spots on the back but never seen one with grey tail/ears that has face stripes and back spots of a totally different color. What is this called? She is beautiful. She also has a pink nose and paw pads. ❤🐈🐈⬛🐱 I can get more pictures if need be. Just curious what her color is called as I have never seen it before and I have seen TONS of cats. She had 2 other siblings that were white with grey ears and grey striped tail but they didn't have the cream markings like she does.
It is hard to say, she looks to me like she is maybe a dlh cream color point bicolor with tons of white. And I see tabby markings too, so maybe some sort of lynx point. she doesn't look like a khao manee to me, which is a very rare breed.

And just to toss something else in here, she looks a bit torbie as well to me 😹