What color are these kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 weeks old and still have a golden hue but looking more grey. Waiting to see what coloring their eyes will be lol.

8wek.jpg
8we.jpg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such beauties and the mom is gorgeous. It is hard to tell from these pics if they have points, one looked like it in the early pic. And the body looks too dark too early mostly but some burmese are like that as others said. They def have some tabby stripes.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such beauties💕 the stripes and what looks like marbling are more visible in these pics. It looks like they have some green in their eyes.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes their foster says they have stunning green eyes. I've just never seen grey kittens have such a golden hue to them and believe me i've seen a ton in the rescue I volunteer with lol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute!

They're really confusing, lol. If they were pointed, they'd have blue eyes. But they clearly have something going on with the marbling and shade differences. Maybe that's what ghost stripes look like if they're classic tabby under the solid color? It would be cool if a genetic expert took an interest and did a few tests, but we'll probably never know what's up.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute little grey kitties! Gimmee!

There's a fair chance their tabby markings will fade as they get older, but if they keep them, so much the better. They're really attractive.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they have ghost markings but there markings are the grey, the cream is their base color. They are still a beigy cream. Just never seen their coloring and I myself fostered a blue kitten with ghost markings but she was nothing like them lol. We've had thousands of kittens in care and none were ever like this. I mean as a young kittens they looked like cream gingers. There was this cat at the golf course area to that they believe is related so a colorpoint could be possible. Maybe a blue sepia?
dele.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Imo, not quite enough contrast for sepia.

As a thought — maybe blue smoke with classic tabby ghosting? Here are a few stunning black with a lot of tabby bleed through. The effect would be much lighter on a blue.

1627840040594.jpeg

1627840097063.jpeg

1627840123917.jpeg

Alternatively, if you’re in Mississippi or somewhere close to the area, there’s been a “faux smoke” gene discovered in a cat there GHOSTING MUTATION (SATIN WITH COLOUR FADING, FALSE SMOKE)

If you’re on FB I know a group that has a lot of people experienced with colour determination.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have cream to them not the white you expect in a smoke though. I am on facebook and open to that group for sure!