what coat kitten have if white cat x tabby

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have a full white female cat (with strands of black hair) who seem to have mated with my male tabby who looks kind of bengal (by that i mean hes skinny and muscly)
The reason why I thinl she's pregnant is because her nipples seem pinked up

I just want to know what coat color combinations are possible if my female cat really is pregnant and bore kittens
Is it possible to have grey white kitten or full white female kitten?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
About half will be white. The other half depends on what colour the girl is under the white, and what kind of tabby your boy is. Will also depend on the genes they’re carrying but not expressing.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's correct but it also depends on if she has 2 copies of the white gene or just one. If she has 2, all the kittens will be white. If just 1, then about half will be white.

Are there plans to have the parents spayed/neutered soon? I'd recommend having the male neutered before the female gives birth, because cats can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth but it's very hard on a female to have pregnancies that close together. If he isn't neutered by then you'll have to make plans to keep them separated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree the male needs neutering now. The female needs spaying when the kittens are 6-8 weeks old. Do you need help finding a low-cost spay / neuter clinic?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the same cat that had a cloudy eye earlier? Has she seen the vet about that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this the same cat that had a cloudy eye earlier? Has she seen the vet about that?
Yes shes the same cat but fortunately eye resolved on its own and she's fully recovered now and the eye that used to be cloudy is as clear as the other

I agree the male needs neutering now. The female needs spaying when the kittens are 6-8 weeks old. Do you need help finding a low-cost spay / neuter clinic?
Thanks but I will go to a local vet

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you think she's pregnant?
Her nipple don't seem as pinked up now
20210430_100539.jpg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant and if you saw them mating then chances are real good that she is. Cats are very prolific and successful breeders.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience "pinking up" isn't really a very reliable sign one way or another. Some cats never pink up even if they are pregnant, other cats pink up after mating when they are not actually pregnant. Some cats also pink up when they are in heat, or due to other hormonal changes in the cycle.

If you want to know for sure if a cat is pregnant,
  • ultrasound is an effective method of diagnosis from 3 weeks gestation (21 days)
  • x-ray is an effective method of diagnosis from 7 weeks gestation
  • you can also just wait to see if she has kittens at 9-10 weeks gestation

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But her tummy is not getting any bigger even though its 5th week
I saw them mate on 26th march

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she was around 3.2kg when she was only 1 week since her last heat and now shes 3.4kg