What breeds do I resemble?

avee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Miss Avee, a 6 month old rescue kitten! Her intake date to the shelter was the 25th of August and we do not know much about her history. I've attached some photos to this post and would love some feedback on what she resembles/how to explain her markings. She has some spots on her belly and seems like rosettes of some sort on her sides. I tried to include a lot of different angles.
Thanks so much! Please let me know if any other photos would be helpful :)
(p.s. at intake her tail was injured/degloved, hence the tail cone guard to allow the scab to heal without getting hit on furniture while playing)

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! I like your pictures, too. She looks so happy and relaxed. It's great that you have adopted her and are caring for her so well :)

I would describe Avee as a brown spotted tabby and white domestic shorthair. Her pattern can also be called "broken mackerel," as she has stripes in some places, and in other places her stripes are broken up into spots. I'm not seeing rosetted spots in these pictures. Some of the spots look a bit irregular and blurred when she is stretched out, but that's normal in a spotted tabby / broken mackerel tabby. Spots on the belly are also a normal part of the tabby pattern, and are seen on most tabbies (including mackerel and classic tabbies).

The spotted tabby pattern doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less beautiful or special... domestic shorthairs are great cats!