What Breeds Are My 3 Cats?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your white kitty, with that round, flattish face, might have some Persian or Exotic influence, but without papers would be called a odd-eyed white Domestic Mediumhair (CFA naming rules state that we must say the eye color as well on white cats). Your third kitty would be called a calico Domestic Mediumhair. It's hard to tell the markings just from the head shot picture- could you post a side view of that kitty? I can tell that all three are very pretty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The second van-patterned has some looks of an modern oriental / siamese. Natural child?

An air, sort of me thinks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im now at my computer instead of my Iphone, and the pics are bigger and better. I see now nr 2 HAS blue eyes. Which is rare in the broad moggie population. So maybe he is a point?. So what is going on? A van patterned with blue eyes, OR a flame point and white, with lotsa of white, covering the whole masque?

My guess at this moment he IS a flame point and white bicolor. Especielly as I already had guessed on some ancestry from a siamese or oriental...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Achelois

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the information! I honestly have zero knowledge on cat breeds and it's very helpful to learn more about them now. My babies were rescued from the streets so they must be of mixed breed (Although Romeo -odd eyed boy- was perfectly healthy when found so obviously belonged to someone before so is not considered a street cat). I attached some more photos and will list some information if that could help better identify them.
- Romeo is the odd eyed, very fat (6 kg) and loves to play. All white coat. Estimated age about 11 months maybe?

- Tom is all white with a striped tail and a patch on his head and a small one on his face. About year and half in age (Also a guess, not too sure). He is quite skinny compared to Romeo.

- Lucky (tri-colored). Female with 3 colors and has random patches all over her body. Also over a year but not sure exactly how old she is. Smallest one in size, extremely playful and loves peopl
20170312_120144.jpg
20170421_091031.jpg
20170530_151725.jpg
MYXJ_20170415200305_save.jpg
e.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Achelois

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to mention, Romeo (Odd eyed) has very thick and long hair (But we trim it every now and then). While Tom (Blue eyed) has short hair thats never been trimmed.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I definitely see some persian influence in Romeo the more you describe him. Probably one of his parents or a grandparent being full blooded. He has the stocky/cobby body, tiny ears, and shorter muzzle. The thick coat also makes it more probable and since you said he had been previously cared for it wouldn't be unlikely that he had been from a purebred parent mixed with a regular moggie.
My persian was adopted already preggo so I assume she was bred with a moggie and her one baby favors Romeo significantly.