What breed of dog(s) do you have?

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have Tana (short for Montana), a Basenji.

(For anyone saying "a what?" see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basenji)

He's about as close to a cat as a dog gets. For the most part he tolerates Albus. Albus thinks everyone is as affectionate as he is, so he's disappointed when Tana doesn't respond to him. Tana grew up around cats, cats who didn't put up with him, so he's used to getting a paw across the muzzle and doesn't know what to do with a friendly cat.

Albus has put him in his place a few times, if Tana gets too personal when sniffing him.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics everyone
We definitely have a diverse bunch!

Right now we only have Chewbacca (age 7) who is a Newf-X. He's a big baby and would never hurt the cats. We used to have Han Solo, who was all Newf, and was too lazy to wake up let alone chase a cat!

Chewy is getting up in years and we've been talking about getting another Newf again.

Just window shopping for now...

lucyfur007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have to staffordshire bull terriers who are just the most affectionate and loving dogs we have ever had. Bonnie is 1 and a half and wants to play with everything and we adopted Max he is 7.

They are very strong and dont know their own strength most of the time!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just one dog here...Newfoundland. Ebony is sweet as pie and she is a true gentle giant with all of my other critters.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Just one dog here...Newfoundland. Ebony is sweet as pie and she is a true gentle giant with all of my other critters.
Awww I love Ebony with the kitty! And Ebony with the ducks would make a cute Easter card!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vixen16;2271000 said:

He looks more Bull Terrier-Lab Mix to me in this pic ((if not APBT-Lab Mix))... I dont think he looks American Bulldog at all.
He is Gorgeous though!!

That's a puppy picture though

His head has squared off more and he's a slight wetmouth, he does lack a slightly upturned nose, but depending on lines, not all Am. Bullies have them.
And he's far too big for APBT/staffie, or Bull Terrier, I worked with an APBT/AmStaff breeder for about 20 years, he simply lacks any of the characteristics beyond those shared by all bullies.
Too long legged for those breeds as well

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a 13 month old male golden retriever named Riley. He likes to lick cat heads. Most cats leave his presence a drooly mess. Today he tried to clean Sterling's ears for him while i had him on my lap, and Sterling swatted his head.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have my own dog yet...but I foster beagles and greyhounds.The cats are used to dogs coming and going,but when a dog first comes,of course the cats put them in "their place".Once the dogs realize "their place" - the cats will play with them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a dog..but my sister has a Great Dane pup..she is about 7 months old..and I LOVE HER.
She is such a darling dog...a gentle, sweet, affectionate giant. She is amazing! I'll have to find a recent pic of her...She melts my heart.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a lab/hound mix named Daisy, and a schnauzer mix named Benji. Daisy is good with cats, but Benji is not. True to his terrier breed he has a high prey drive and wants to hunt all small furry things. We keep him seperated from the cats (and my guinea pigs) at all times.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Border Collie mix, Sophie...here she is in her 'summer naked' clip...tehehe

And a terrier mix, Lizzy; not sure exactly what kind of mix she is, but don't really care either...Lol! here she is pouting about having to sit for a picture...haha

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My roommate's dog is a min. poodle x min. pinscher mix. (yes, a designer...
)

This is her as a puppy

This is her recently (she's a pirate!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a great variety of dogs here I loved reading about them and seeing all those pictures!
Since I didn't put up pics of my dogs before here they are now.
Gabby the Lab mix

Gracie Jack russel terrier mix

Maggie the boston terrier

Lucy the Lab x basset hound x australian shepherd x chow

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a Bichon. He would not even think of hurting the kitty cats. Hes a real sweetheart, my cats on the other hand, Im pretty sure, do have thoughts of hurting him.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a yellow lab named Maggie, a pure white husky named Dutchess, a pomeranian named Roxie (she's mine
), and a german pointer named Lilly. They all get along great with the cats.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've only got my mum's Bichon x Poodle...
But soooon I'll have either a Newfoundland or a Saint Bernard... I'm still tossing up between the two! (And waiting for the next 6 months or so to fly by!)