What Breed Of Cat Is Churche?

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we found our cat churche in the bushes near the road a kitten someone had dropped off yay for us=) got her spayed she has a year or so to grow more i think she is 1yr or so now. is she a korat or something else? the vet said domestic shorthair i dont think thats right i would say she has medium fur. what do you think here are cute pics

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She appears to be a very pretty solid blue domestic shorthair. Some shorthairs have a flat coat, some have a more plush coat like your girl, but it is within normal range for a shorthaired cat. The coat length that some people call "medium" is genetically a longhaired cat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - I'm thinking there is some British Shorthair in her background. She's gorgeous!! I'm glad she has you, and I hope you have a long life of fun love and happiness with her :sunshine:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She appears to be a very pretty solid blue domestic shorthair. Some shorthairs have a flat coat, some have a more plush coat like your girl, but it is within normal range for a shorthaired cat. The coat length that some people call "medium" is genetically a longhaired cat.
Plush does that mean if you put your hand on her fur it doesn't leave a hand print? She has a attitude sometimes and I can't seem to brush her anyone no where I can get a mitt that u wear and pet them and it brushes her.
Thank for the help.

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw one in petco, also Walmart and chewy . com have grooming mitts
Do the mitts work and what's the price range? Also most of our cats except. Xena all have faint stripes and rings on the tail is this a common trait in cats? Sowa this mean they are all mixed? And not purebred ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Plush does that mean if you put your hand on her fur it doesn't leave a hand print?
I tried looking it up and definitions were not all that helpful. I think in this case it means a very thick, dense fur.

Hopefully others who have used mitts will weigh in for you, or you could do a separate post in Grooming and general cat care Grooming & General Cat Care

Stripes, dots lines, swirls and rings all over the fur including the tail is a tabby pattern (tabby is not a specific breed) and the pattern is common in numerous breeds.
It isn't an indication of whether a cat is purebred or not.

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh ok yeah tabby pattern is hard to see on a black cat mostly cause its black on black not like this

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
her eyes are kinda small and slanted maybe like a siamese/korat and what about the white spot on her chest?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
her eyes are kinda small and slanted maybe like a siamese/korat and what about the white spot on her chest?
Korats actually have large, wide open eyes, not small slanted eyes.
A white spot on the chest is called a locket. It is a disqualifying fault for many breeds, including the Korat.

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Korats actually have large, wide open eyes, not small slanted eyes.
A white spot on the chest is called a locket. It is a disqualifying fault for many breeds, including the Korat.
oh so its a locket Hm well Hm should u say her eyes are slanted? Sometimes they look different. 0715181205a.jpg 0715181603.jpg