What breed of cat does my kitten look like?

staticstate311

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just curious if my kitten Ramona seems like any particular breed of cat to you guys. We adopted her from a rescue a month and a half ago. She’s like 3.5 months now. She and her mom and littermates were apparently being kept by an animal hoarder before the rescue had her.

Anyway, she’s about 13 weeks old now and she’s a total sweetie pie and super affectionate. She also loves to play more than literally any kitten I’ve ever met. She plays so hard she had broken off most of her whiskers (the vet tells us it’s fine and just from her roughhousing). She doesn’t just like, bat at things, instead she comes up with elaborate hunting games where she practices pouncing on her toys from many different angles and doing stakeouts where she watches the same toy for ten minutes and prowls around the room staring at it. Anyway she loves hunting so much that my partner and I were joking that she must be the descendent of some particularly fierce hunter kitties.

Anyway I figure she’s probably a domestic longhair but I‘m just curious if anyone thinks otherwise!

013B6C81-816F-4777-9405-39C252198562.jpeg
DAADABE4-191D-45E4-9B83-0E7633EC6C21.jpeg
7A0152C0-1954-483A-8DCA-9A5B8420ACDE.jpeg
17FB54AA-3989-4722-9921-0BDD5F8C372D.jpeg
35BCBEC2-393C-483F-9580-5767BBF572B2.jpeg

Attachments

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a cutie! I could melt! 🥰 Yes, she looks like a domestic long hair to me and her color would be described a calico. Most cats are domestics and not any specific breed. She sounds like a very happy, hyper kitten. Enjoy it while it lasts. They grow up too quickly.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may perhaps end up when adult as a look alike to a Norwegian? Especielly if she becomes visibly biggish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

staticstate311

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a cutie! I could melt! 🥰 Yes, she looks like a domestic long hair to me and her color would be described a calico. Most cats are domestics and not any specific breed. She sounds like a very happy, hyper kitten. Enjoy it while it lasts. They grow up too quickly.
Isn't she the cutest??? I know I posted way too many pictures but just couldn't resist. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

staticstate311

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may perhaps end up when adult as a look alike to a Norwegian? Especielly if she becomes visibly biggish.
That's what I keep thinking as well! From looking at photos of Norwegian Forest Cats her tail kinda looks like theirs, and her ear tufts do too. I know that's a rare breed of cat, though. Maybe she's just a DLH with a build that resembles that type of cat? Anyway, I guess time will tell how big she will get. Her mom is apparently pretty small, like 9 pounds, but I also don't know how old her mom was when she had this litter.