What Breed Of Cat Do I Have? -pictures

KindKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, new to the forums here. Could anyone tell me what type of cat I may have? I adopted him from a local shelter few years ago when he was a kitten.

I named him Tux, because his color pattern looks like he’s wearing a tuxedo.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Tux is so handsome! I love his big ears! I would describe him as a black and white bicolor (in the tuxedo pattern) Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthairs are the landrace breed of cat, meaning that they are the “natural” cat, adapted to living in a particular place, and haven’t been selectively bred. If you’re curious, DNA tests are available for cats, which will show if there are any breeds that he is genetically similar to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KindKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tux is so handsome! I love his big ears!
Thanks. Those ears are one of the reasons why I picked him. That and he was the only surviving kitten from his litter and was in a cage by himself looking all sad and cute with those big ears.

And even though he destroyed half my apartment with his claws, and cost me my deposit, I don’t regret adopting the little brat. Love him like he’s my child.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KindKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you’re curious, DNA tests are available for cats, which will show if there are any breeds that he is genetically similar to.
I started looking at some home DNA test for cats on Amazon. Has anyone tried any of these at home test? I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise