What breed is that?

Jeżyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

for a long time I've been looking for an answer to question: what's this cat's breed?
Maybe it's a mix of two kinds? I really don't know much about cats yet, that's why I need your help so much.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The face and heads have traces of persian / exotic and or british. Exotic is a shorthaired persian.

My guess would be, its a natural child of a persian or exotic.

A persian mated with a shorthair, will give shorthaired kittens.

Pozdrowiam!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeżyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your answer!!!!!

I thought that it's rather british shorthair, but its pupils are always round, whether it's dark or bright. I wonder if that's a matter of breed or just some specific feature of this exact cat?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have a mild disability. His jaw looks somewhat underdeveloped, too, so he may have a congenital issue of some sort. Is he a famous internet cat or just a picture you found?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first guess would be straight-eared Scottish Fold ancestry, since there is no visible nose break and not even much of a dip in the profile. British Shorthair ancestry would also be a possibility, but that breed would be more likely to have a strong chin.

I think recent Persian / Exotic ancestry is less likely, since even doll-faced Persians have more of a nose break.

I'm not sure about the dilated eyes, but I agree with W Willowy that it's more likely to be a health issue rather than a breed characteristic. If it's your cat, I would suggest a vet visit to have that checked out.

Jeżyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He may have a mild disability. His jaw looks somewhat underdeveloped, too, so he may have a congenital issue of some sort. Is he a famous internet cat or just a picture you found?
It's just some cat that I've seen recently on Instagram and I became totally obsessed with him and wanted to know his breed.

Jeżyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My first guess would be straight-eared Scottish Fold ancestry, since there is no visible nose break and not even much of a dip in the profile. British Shorthair ancestry would also be a possibility, but that breed would be more likely to have a strong chin.

I think recent Persian / Exotic ancestry is less likely, since even doll-faced Persians have more of a nose break.

I'm not sure about the dilated eyes, but I agree with W Willowy that it's more likely to be a health issue rather than a breed characteristic. If it's your cat, I would suggest a vet visit to have that checked out.
Yes, I think that he's closest to Scottish Fold, and maybe Munchkin? Your answer helped me a lot, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: