What breed is she?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Technically she is no breed. She would be considered a domestic short haired (DSH) - although as she grows, she could be long haired. I can't tell how bushy her tail is - that is one sign of a domestic long haired (DLH), but she does not have ear tufts or toe tufts that are also common in DLH. There technically is no such labeling as 'medium haired'. She has a tabby pattern, which might be considered to be mackerel, but it is so mixed and varied, she might actually be considered a torbie (tabby and tortoiseshell). Nonetheless, she is very pretty!
Torbie Cat, A Complete Guide on Torbie Cat Pattern - (catqueries.com)

I am not always completely on target, so be sure another member will come along and correct me if I have 'missed the mark'.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with the above. Yes, torbie and tortie, usually called for torbie.... The exact pattern of tabby isnt clearly visible, prob a mackerel but may even be a ticked tabby, with some ghost markings.

The whitish around mouth and eyes arent true white spots, its simple a common feature with tabbies... So she probably does NOT carry white, unless you clearly see some white spot elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitten_cuddles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree with the above. Yes, torbie and tortie, usually called for torbie.... The exact pattern of tabby isnt clearly visible, prob a mackerel but may even be a ticked tabby, with some ghost markings.

The whitish around mouth and eyes arent true white spots, its simple a common feature with tabbies... So she probably does NOT carry white, unless you clearly see some white spot elsewhere.
One of her back paws are white, orange and a gray but other than that she's the same colors everywhere. She's got a stripe straight down her back, dots (cheetah looking lol) all down her tummy and stripes everywhere else.

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, she's a tabby tortoiseshell (or torbie if you want to shorten it). The back stripe and belly spots are normal for all tabby patterns. Looks like she's mackerel (due to the stripes) and just has a lot of ticking/agouti hairs, but it'll be more obvious when she's got her adult coat.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very cute little torbie girl, the pink and black paw pads are the give away. A dsh maybe a medium hair but prolly sh 😻