What Breed Is Oliver?

Alina Man

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I received my cat 1,5 months ago and I'm trying to figure out what breed he is. H is brother's owner said he has a Munchkin relative, but I'm not sure because even though his legs are quite short, they are way longer than the Munchkin cat has. :)

Oliver is 6 months old. IMG_4332.JPG

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oliver is adorable! I would describe him as a brown tabby and white Domestic Longhair. It’s always hard to tell whether a cat has Munchkin ancestry or not, because Munchkins can have normal-length legs, and short legs can result from a spontaneous mutation, and don’t necessarily point to Munchkin ancestry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alina Man

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oliver is adorable! I would describe him as a brown tabby and white Domestic Longhair. It’s always hard to tell whether a cat has Munchkin ancestry or not, because Munchkins can have normal-length legs, and short legs can result from a spontaneous mutation, and don’t necessarily point to Munchkin ancestry.
Thank you :)

Alina Man

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Without papers, cats like Oliver will be considered a DLH.

To me, Oliver is from the land of fairy Godmothers. I mean, look how adorable-looking he is! :)
:)

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He likes to play with water. :) I've had cats for my entire life and he is the first one who seems not to be afraid of water.
My guess that he's a mixed breed with some Turkish Van in his bloodline.

He has the fur and body shape of a Van cat and his markings on the head and tail are consistent with a Van. He has too much color on the body to be a full-blooded Van, however.

Van cats are usually brown and white but they can also be gray.
Typical markings for a Van are on the head like a skull cap and on the tail like a raccoon. There can be markings on the body but they shouldn't cover more than a quarter of the cat's body.

One of the most notable characteristics of a Turkish Van is that they actually like water. :D They have been known to play with water and even sit or swim in the bath tub.

I'm not saying that Oliver actually is a Van cat but, considering that you say he likes water, it certainly sounds like he's got some Van in him. :)

Alina Man

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guess that he's a mixed breed with some Turkish Van in his bloodline.

He has the fur and body shape of a Van cat and his markings on the head and tail are consistent with a Van. He has too much color on the body to be a full-blooded Van, however.

Van cats are usually brown and white but they can also be gray.
Typical markings for a Van are on the head like a skull cap and on the tail like a raccoon. There can be markings on the body but they shouldn't cover more than a quarter of the cat's body.

One of the most notable characteristics of a Turkish Van is that they actually like water. :D They have been known to play with water and even sit or swim in the bath tub.

I'm not saying that Oliver actually is a Van cat but, considering that you say he likes water, it certainly sounds like he's got some Van in him. :)
Thanks for your observation :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I received my cat 1,5 months ago and I'm trying to figure out what breed he is. H is brother's owner said he has a Munchkin relative, but I'm not sure because even though his legs are quite short, they are way longer than the Munchkin cat has. :)

Oliver is 6 months old.View attachment 272186
What an adorable little sweetheart! :sleepycat::lovecat: