What Breed Is My Rescue Kitty?

JulesB86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted a rescue who had been dumped in a garbage bin and left there for quite some time. She been seen by the vet and got the all clear. They said she’s Persian but hard to tell due to her coat & tail being in bad shape and she’s very thin, needs to put on weight.

Anyways what breed do you think she is? :)

Attachments

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her eyes and nose scream Persian. Its is her lack of weight, that makes her face too narrow. I bet as she regains her health she will round out.

posiepurrs posiepurrs is the Persian guru maybe she'll pop in....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont see much, but from what I see, the cat must have much persian.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that there’s a lot of Persian in her, she has that flat Persian face. She’s a pretty cat! Thank you for rescuing her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulesB86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do see possible Persian influence there - the round eyes and the short face. Thanks for rescuing this beauty!
Can I just ask you - we were told she is 8 months (according to the rescuer, the vet examined and went by her teeth size) but I’ve noticed she has a lot of grey hairs. Is this normal for a black kitty?
Grey hairs to me normally are a sign of getting older right?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I just ask you - we were told she is 8 months (according to the rescuer, the vet examined and went by her teeth size) but I’ve noticed she has a lot of grey hairs. Is this normal for a black kitty?
Grey hairs to me normally are a sign of getting older right?
It is not uncommon in black cats to find lighter hairs interspersed through out the coat. It isn't a sign of age.