What breed is my rescue kitten?

Fufi_life

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have been caring for this lovable kitten since the beginning of this month, but I still cannot figure out what breed she is.
She definitely seems like a mix to me (Siamese with another long-haired breed probably because of her fluffier tail).
I would appreciate if you could help me get a closer guess and I'm also interested in learning about the pattern. She has stripes on front and hind legs and 2 long lines across the back.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! A prettie! Colorwise I would compare her to a snow bengal, ie a pointed bengal. They do tend to get this nuance of color.
But having apparently a bushy tail, ie having the long hair gene...

so she is probably a mix after all. Technically, a domestic. May have a snow bengal ancestry because of this very especial coloring, and the rests of the big rosette alike spots; but also very apparently some longhaired ancestors twice up.

As I know, there arent any long haired bengals... Although if there were, they could easily have this looks.

Ps. How old is she? You use the word kitten. If she is young, its probable the fur will be longer as adult, esp in the winter season.

So, let try. Domestic longhair, spotted lynx point.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Seal (black) classic tabby point domestic longhair. I don’t see any evidence of Bengal in the head shape or pattern, personally. This cat is classic patterned, not spotted or marbled. With spotted tabby, you get broken spine lines, while this cat’s are solid.

LH Bengals do exist, they’re called Cashmere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fufi_life

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow! A prettie! Colorwise I would compare her to a snow bengal, ie a pointed bengal. They do tend to get this nuance of color.
But having apparently a bushy tail, ie having the long hair gene...

so she is probably a mix after all. Technically, a domestic. May have a snow bengal ancestry because of this very especial coloring, and the rests of the big rosette alike spots; but also very apparently some longhaired ancestors twice up.

As I know, there arent any long haired bengals... Although if there were, they could easily have this looks.

Ps. How old is she? You use the word kitten. If she is young, its probable the fur will be longer as adult, esp in the winter season.

So, let try. Domestic longhair, spotted lynx point.
Wow thanks a lot for the insight! I was also had doubts about snow bengal ancestry until you said so. She is barely 6 months old now. Might look out for more fur growth, then.

Fufi_life

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seal (black) classic tabby point domestic longhair. I don’t see any evidence of Bengal in the head shape or pattern, personally. This cat is classic patterned, not spotted or marbled. With spotted tabby, you get broken spine lines, while this cat’s are solid.

LH Bengals do exist, they’re called Cashmere.
Thank you so much for the info. It’s good to know! I guess we’ll find out more in time.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. I have been caring for this lovable kitten since the beginning of this month, but I still cannot figure out what breed she is.
She definitely seems like a mix to me (Siamese with another long-haired breed probably because of her fluffier tail).
I would appreciate if you could help me get a closer guess and I'm also interested in learning about the pattern. She has stripes on front and hind legs and 2 long lines across the back.
Gorgeous baby😻😻 I also think she could be part snow bengal, she’s definitely pointed I don’t see any other way to explain that color and pattern really, look up snow bengal, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. If a cat is a mixture they don’t have to have all of the features of the breed. She would be a dsh lynx point officially with a classic pattern.
She does not have true rosettes but sort of rosettes so prolly a mix or a not show quality.
Snow Bengals are produced by breeding Bengals with Siamese cats so she does have Siamese heritage and she would have that even if she’s not part bengal because all pointed cats have Siamese heritage no matter how far down the line. There is a video at this link of snow Bengal cats at a tica cat show.

The second link shows longhair snowbengals. Your girl‘s tail is long so she could end up with longer hair. Her color would be similar to a snow lynx or snow mink bengal.

Bengal Cat Colors - Royal Bengal Cattery - Bengal Cats and Kittens

Snow Bengal Cat: Everything You Need To Know
Long Haired Bengal Cat (Cashmere): Information & Overview

Last edited:

Fufi_life

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gorgeous baby😻😻 I also think she could be part snow bengal, she’s definitely pointed I don’t see any other way to explain that color and pattern really, look up snow bengal, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. If a cat is a mixture they don’t have to have all of the features of the breed. She would be a dsh lynx point officially with a classic pattern.
She does not have true rosettes but sort of rosettes so prolly a mix or a not show quality.
Snow Bengals are produced by breeding Bengals with Siamese cats so she does have Siamese heritage and she would have that even if she’s not part bengal because all pointed cats have Siamese heritage no matter how far down the line. There is a video at this link of snow Bengal cats at a tica cat show.

The second link shows longhair snowbengals. Your girl‘s tail is long so she could end up with longer hair. Her color would be similar to a snow lynx or snow mink bengal.

Bengal Cat Colors - Royal Bengal Cattery - Bengal Cats and Kittens

Snow Bengal Cat: Everything You Need To Know
Long Haired Bengal Cat (Cashmere): Information & Overview
Wow that is really helpful! Thank you so much! One month in an I could see more hair growth than the first time I met her, like you indicated. Snow lynx seems closer than mink at the moment. I could see some Siamese or Bengal intelligence in her behavior as well haha. Really appreciate your opinion!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is really helpful! Thank you so much! One month in an I could see more hair growth than the first time I met her, like you indicated. Snow lynx seems closer than mink at the moment. I could see some Siamese or Bengal intelligence in her behavior as well haha. Really appreciate your opinion!
yw 😻
Here is the video link, it didnt post before

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I also think seal classic pattern lynx point; not enough rosette for Bengal. The pattern will darken with age, so you’ll get a better idea of the underlying pattern in a year or two, most likely. Color point kittens all start out white and gain their colors as they age. Their markings “toast” darker with time. I have two color point kittens myself; they’re great.

Fufi_life

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also think seal classic pattern lynx point; not enough rosette for Bengal. The pattern will darken with age, so you’ll get a better idea of the underlying pattern in a year or two, most likely. Color point kittens all start out white and gain their colors as they age. Their markings “toast” darker with time. I have two color point kittens myself; they’re great.
I’ll wait for the toast XD thank you!