What breed is my rescue kitten?

Pepper6123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just got a 9 week old rescue kitten and am wondering what kind of breed she is and how big she will get. I love her so much and her name is pepper, I just want to know what breed she is.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!!! She is GORGEOUS! I'll take a crack at this. I know she is a domestic long haired (DLH) - that would be the breed. The coloring/pattern, I think, would be a tabby, which is a cat with a distinctive coat pattern, which may include stripes, spots, and/or swirls, but most always has the "M" marking on the forehead. Her pattern isn't as distinctive as it could be, but I think that is the result of her long hair.

I am likely not 100% correct about the coloring/pattern, and more expert members generally come along and correct me. But, DLH is the breed, for sure.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepper is adorable! :redheartpump: I agree with FeebysOwner FeebysOwner that she appears to be a brown tabby domestic longhair. It looks like she has a mackerel tabby pattern (vertical stripes that may be partially broken up into spots). Her coloring is fairly "cool" for a brown tabby, but I don't think she is a blue tabby; I think she just has relatively cool coloring.

Most cats aren't any particular breed, and aren't mixes of breeds (unlike dogs), but this doesn't make them any less gorgeous or special... domestic longhairs are great cats! Females tend to be a bit smaller than males. Domestic cats can vary in size, so we can't predict just from looking at her pictures how big she will get; you will have to wait and see. Be sure she gets plenty of good nutrition, and enjoy her kittenhood :)