What breed is my new kitten?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The breed is surely a domestic shorthair. Most cats ARE domestics, without any mix with an established breed.
The color is probably brown tabby. Even if on the last photo kitten looks bluish.

The pattern is more difficult. Kitten carries probably a couple of different tabby patterns, that is why its a little of a maze, esp on the right side.
But the kitten should probably be counted as a spotted tabby.
Thus; domestic shorthair, brown spotted tabby.

A very sweet nice fellow!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. The warm brown places are quite common in brown tabbies. And the little white around the mouth is quite common in tabbies too. Its not
a true white spot.

I see nice green eyes.

To safeguard the cat isnt no torbie: how are the feet pads looking? are all blackish, or is some of them pinkish?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catidy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ps. The warm brown places are quite common in brown tabbies. And the little white around the mouth is quite common in tabbies too. Its not
a true white spot.

I see nice green eyes.

To safeguard the cat isnt no torbie: how are the feet pads looking? are all blackish, or is some of them pinkish?
Thanks for all the information! Appreciate it. Her pads are definitely darker like blackish.

I used that cat identifier app and it came up with ocicat and she does have thay chiseled like face and not rounded, but your information make such more sense.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is beautiful!

In the pictures, your cat's markings look more like chocolate tabby, rather than brown (black-based) tabby. That might be why the cat identifier app thought she was an Ocicat. But I'm guessing that the color in the photos might be a bit washed out and not show her true color. If her paw pads are blackish, she is brown (black-based) tabby, as StefanZ StefanZ guessed.