What Breed is my Kitten?

Juliamem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Part scottish fold? The face looks scottish fold.
The ears don't but the face does. She's adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulienGG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is British Shorthair at the official papers. But i wanna be sure about that. Thanks for your lovely responses :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is British Shorthair at the official papers. But i wanna be sure about that. Thanks for your lovely responses :)
Her appearance looks similar enough to a British Shorthair that I wouldn't doubt the papers that you have for her. In the pictures she appears to be lilac in color.

Have you already brought her home? How old is she now? In the pictures, she looks too young to leave her mother and siblings, but maybe these are pictures that were taken before you brought her home?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Juliamem it's true that Scottish Fold and British Shorthair can look similar and you made a good guess. (However, note that Wikipedia isn't always the most accurate resource on cat breeds :) )

The reason these breeds look similar is that British Shorthair is commonly used as an outcross for Scottish Fold. In order to reduce the risk of severe disabilities in Scottish Folds, it's necessary to breed folded eared cats to straight eared cats in every generation, and many breeders use British Shorthairs as the straight eared outcross. A Scottish Fold cat might have a pedigree that is nearly all British Shorthair, and if it has straight ears it might look very similar to a British Shorthair as well... but it will still be considered a pedigreed Scottish Fold (or Scottish Straight).

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Note: the Moderators have deleted posts that went off-topic and were not helpful to the OP.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My first thought, before you posted this, was British Shorthair. She is adorable. What is her name? Do you plan to show her or did you buy her as a pet quality?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulienGG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Linda. We buy her for our home but maybe we will show her :)