What breed is my kitten?

Butters mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I just adopted a kitten blue eyes cream color was wondering what breed he is I’m thinking tabby mix and he has longish hair

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The money bet he is a domestic. Ie no particular breed - most cats are domestics. If he is shorthair or longhair we will see later on; kittens can often be kitten-fuzzy, although really shorthair. The only question is, if the blue eyes are blue because he is blueyed (not common, but may happen), or he is still very young, and has still the baby blue...

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say a DSH cream ginger. Looks like typical kitten fuzz and the blue eyes is just the eyes of a kitten under 7 weeks old. Too young to be taken from mom and siblings as I'd say is only 5-6 weeks old. :( Hope you have another kitty to help him learn how to be a good kitty with manners :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Butters mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say a DSH cream ginger. Looks like typical kitten fuzz and the blue eyes is just the eyes of a kitten under 7 weeks old. Too young to be taken from mom and siblings as I'd say is only 5-6 weeks old. :( Hope you have another kitty to help him learn how to be a good kitty with manners :)
thank you for your help i found him through the infamous Craigslist they said he was 6 weeks when I got him a week agao but he seems to be younger than that I’m feeding him wet food mix with a little dry kitten food he’s been doing really well eating and going in the litter box on his own but won’t drink water at all

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
thank you for your help i found him through the infamous Craigslist they said he was 6 weeks when I got him a week agao but he seems to be younger than that I’m feeding him wet food mix with a little dry kitten food he’s been doing really well eating and going in the litter box on his own but won’t drink water at all
If he mostly eats wet food, he doesnt need much water. You can add some water to the wet food if you wish. Or try with goats milk, if he likes it. Goats milk is always a good supplement for cats, especielly this young.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful. My bet is he will be a short hair. It will take another couple months to know for sure but he doesn’t seem fluffy enough to become a longhair.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very cute little boy cat!
To add to this, tabby isn't a breed, it's a coat pattern. Nearly every kind of cat can have tabby markings because all cats have tabby genes. it's the most common coat pattern in cats.