What Breed Is My Kitten?

mittens97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, i currently have been gifted a kitten (she is 13-14 weeks old) from my mother but she was not told what the breed of my kitten is when she got her, and i've been trying to use google to try and identify the breed she may possibly be, the one i thought resembled her the most was a Korat cat. What makes me believe this is she's got silver-grey fur that looks blue-ish when in the light, she's got a heart shaped face a nose, and very green eyes, also some of the personality traits are like hers! if any cat expert can help me know or have an idea of what she could possibly be it would be much appreciated!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's a pretty kitty! I'd lean more toward a Russian Blue lookalike than a Korat lookalike, as she appears to have a more slender body and longer muzzle than a Korat. Without papers, though, she would be considered a blue Domestic Shorthair, which could also be called a Maltese cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mittens97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could we have the profile? Head from aside

mittens97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
idk if these help hopefully they do! i can add more when she isn't as hyper and will sit still for me !

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The profile isnt much RB, so I presume we shall compare her sooner to a Korat....

Very sweet kitten! :)

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
I kept answering re grey cats so I kept the below description to post again - its a good descrition of a RB - if you look at my photos you'll see shots of Niki's profile and paws (she is pure bred - and growing quickly now) I didn't get her till she was just over 4 months so I missed that really little kitten stage - adorable. In image 2430 her coat looks so like Niki's
RB type - Physically the Russian Blue is a slim and graceful cat with long, fine legs and a long but proportional tail. They have short, very dense distinctive velvety fur and are uniform blue-grey tipped with silver. The silver tips reflect light making the coat shimmer. Kittens may have faint ghost striping particularly on the tail which should disappear by the time they are 12 months or so. Paw pads are mauve colored instead of the usual grey pads. The eyes are vibrant green and spaced wide on the face. (may not be born with green eyes, but they should settle by around 4-5 months). The head is known as a medium wedge shape - with a blunt muzzle, flat nose and head with large, wide-based ears.
My Niki is Australian and has the English type in body shape.
The typology of the breed:
- English type (standard GCCF). Stronger body structure, closer set ears and a moderately active temperament.
- Siberian / Scandinavian type. Coat in darker shades of grey. Extremely shy.
- American type (standard TICA / CFA). Very small and slender, with a clear silver coat. Very widely set ears and round, big eyes. The least shy
- European type (standard FIFe). Harmonious silhouette, medium sized ears - large but not placed on the sides of the head. Almond-shaped eyes. Medium blue colour. Character described as intermediate between the above types.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Those are good profiles. It appears that she has a dip in her muzzle (called a "nose break") that Russian Blues don't have (as shown by the website Wags pointed you toward), so I think that she would actually be more similar to a Korat in appearance.

mittens97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Those are good profiles. It appears that she has a dip in her muzzle (called a "nose break") that Russian Blues don't have (as shown by the website Wags pointed you toward), so I think that she would actually be more similar to a Korat in appearance.
i should've mentioned she does have siamese background because two of her siblings were white with blue eyes , and a grey tail and a grey mask around their eyes so i'm not sure if helps connect anything ,

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay some siblings being points doesnt prove much. Its common the point gene in the population. The siamese ancestors can be 50 generations back