What breed is my kitten? And his mom?

Laurax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys 🙂.
We just received a 3 months old kitten. The Seller told us his mom is a british shorthair and siamese mix but she has long hair. Is that even possible? he has dark brownish black coat and brown eyes right now. In terms of character he likes to be petted and i noticed that he sometimes goes limp if i pick him up (like a ragdoll?). he also likes to play with my other male cat but is more dominant. thanks in advance

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute! :redheartpump:

From the pictures, I would describe your kitten as a black domestic shorthair. He appears to be shorthaired, not longhaired like his mother. "Domestic shorthair" is how we describe a shorthaired cat without known breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed.

Did the seller know anything about the father of the litter? Was it an accidental mating, or is the seller producing cats for sale?

It is plausible that your kitten could have some British Shorthair ancestry, since he has a rounded face and coppery eye color. On the other hand, I am not seeing any obvious evidence of Siamese ancestry in the mother cat or your kitten. The seller might be confused between colorpoint (a color pattern) and Siamese (a pedigreed breed).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for answering 🙂. They said it was accidentental mating. Im excited to see him grow up. It is funny how every cat has its unique personality and I like observing him. He is so different then my other cat
(not in a bad way, both are awesome) just different so I was wondering if there is a correlation between the personality and breed. Cats are wonderful creatures 🧡