What Breed Is My Friend's Cat?

commanderscott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He doesn't know the cat's weight, and when I ask he only describes him as "heavy." He's a large cat, with long hair; it almost looks like he's got a mane. According to my friend, Roo doesn't have the "pouch" on his stomach that I've seen with most other large cats. As far as traits go, Roo is very affectionate and calm, but playful. We're aware that he's a mixed breed, but Roo is kind of famous in our circle of friends for being so beautiful so I'm curious as to what breeds y'all think he looks like. If you need any more details or better pictures, please let me know. I just picked the ones that show his face the best. Thank you!

:: EDIT :: Should have been more specific that I was looking for what breeds this cat looks like in the title, and I'm not sure if I can edit it. Sorry about that, folks!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say his closest lookalike would be Siberian. His muzzle, ear size and set look Siberian. I bet he weighs 16 to 18 pounds. He is a pretty boy!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s a handsome fellow! I agree with Sabian’s assessment that Siberian is the closest lookalike. Without papers, though, he would be considered a black and white bicolor Domestic Longhair.

I’m curious, could you ask your friend if his personality seem to match up with a Siberian? Siberian Cats

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a Siberian cat breeder, I have to disagree :p Some similarities, but I would sooner place it closer to the Norwegian Forest Cat than the Siberian. Or somewhere inbetween the two.

Doesn't look 100% like any of the big 3 though (Maine Coon, Siberian and Norwegian). Still a very beautiful big boy!!