What breed is my cat??

nindyd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my cat maddy, we got her as a rescue and we were never given any info on what breed/s she might be because her rescuers hadno idea
we suspected for a long time she may be part egyptian mau? but we really aren't sure
can anyone help?
Shes 3 years old almost 4!!

some additional notes that might be helpful?
She isn't very vocal but shes not completely mute (she'll meow to greet us sometimes but if shes accidentally stuck inna cupboard she wont meow to get attention instead she'll scratch at the door 😢), she has a very petite face and shes really slender despite her age
if its not clear in the image, she has patches of ginger accross her and she has spots and stripes in her coat

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a very pretty kitty, but not an Egyptian Mau. Pedigreed (purebred) cats make up only 3-5% of the total population and the Egyptian Mau is a very small breed within that 3-5%. Unless you live in Egypt it's unlikely that your kitty will have even a common ancestor with the Mau.

Without a known pedigree she's considered a Domestic Shorthair. Her color/pattern is Brown Patched Mackerel Tabby.
This is not a color or pattern that occurs in the Egyptian Mau.

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a brown (genetically black) tabby (in a broken mackerel pattern) tortoiseshell-with-white domestic shorthair.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beauty😻 To me she looks like a domestic short hair torbie tuxedo with white. I don’t see any Egyptian Mau but she does have some beautiful spots.