What breed is my cat

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pattern in the fur is a typical tabby pattern, also known as a bullseye tabby. Without papers, the question of breed is a moot one, most cats are a combination of many breeds. Your little one would be known as a black and silver domestic short-haired tabby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michellemj5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you.. people always ask me but I didn't really know the difference but her color and pattern and she's so soft and silky.. where can I find what they say about her type?? Breed?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost all breeds can have that pattern, in fact ALL cats have the tabby gene. Even seemingly solid colored ones. If she is very talkative and loves people she could have some Oriental in her. But the only way to really know her background is to have a DNA test. It would also help if you could post a picture of her body trype and face. I have had only a couple of cats out of a hundred that have that bullseye pattern. She is lovely!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The pattern in the fur is a typical tabby pattern, also known as a bullseye tabby. Without papers, the question of breed is a moot one, most cats are a combination of many breeds. Your little one would be known as a black and silver domestic short-haired tabby!
Clarifying that all cats are not a combination of breeds.
Most, are not.
Breeds were derived from domestic cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bullseye tabby; more common called for classic tabby. Probably a domestic.

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She doesn’t look black and silver to me, she looks black and brown? She would be a domestic shorthair brown (black) tabby