What breed is my cat?

contramegan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! Meet Remy! She is 2 years old. I was gifted her from a previous manager of mine. I’ve always been curious of the technical terms when it comes to her color and breed. Her fur is a solid, grey-silver color. She does have like 3 stripes of dark grey on the tip of her tail. I don’t know what her parents look like, but I remember her brother being striped. If anyone could give me more information I would greatly appreciate it!!! (In the one photo, she is the grey cat! The black cat, Binx, is my best friend‘s cat. He was staying with us for a few weeks!)
7C6F6259-2DF5-490B-BD94-388EE820318B.jpeg
E44F81FE-5FBE-4A21-B524-A81D5991695B.jpeg
F4386A01-972D-4B1F-B82D-A31DCA1A5E5A.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is domestic shorthair, solid blue... The faint stripes are ghost markings, no true tabby...

The question is, if the bro was likewise, but the ghost markings more visible, or if he was tabby for real.

If she is a look alike to say, the russian blue?

Bodywise she could be pressed into somewhat look alike with a RB british type. But all RB have green eyes.
So, be happy with your solid colored, silvery blue domestic. A true prettie. :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a very pretty Domestic Shorthair (DSH). Without registration papers from a recognized cat association the most you can say is that she might look like one breed or another. Her color in the cat fancy is "blue". There are several breeds that produce blue cats, but I don't see any specific features in your kitty that look to me like one of those breeds.

Her patter looks like it might be ticked tabby. Ticked tabby means that instead of stripes or spots each hair has alternating dark and light bands. It generally looks like a solid color until your lift the fur and can see individual hairs.