What breed is my cat?

totiluis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my second cat, I just got him today and I’m super excited to introduce him to the rest of the gang. I’m just not sure what kind of kitty this little one might be. Also feel free to leave a some name suggestions alongside what you think his breed is. If it wasn’t made clear, he’s a boy. Lol thanks in advance!
CB49C9CC-924C-4453-B433-B925811B86F6.jpeg
B4DB41BA-515C-4FCA-BBF7-AB698D3B1D36.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a gorgeous cat! I would describe him as a blue lynx point and white domestic longhair. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixtures of breeds, unlike dogs... most cats are simply domestic cats, but that doesn't make them any less special :) Enjoy your new addition!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with the above. IF you want to press him into a look alike with some established breed, so try perhaps with the Neva Masquerade. Whom are essentially registered pointed Sibirians. ( In Russia they frown upon pointed siberians, but in west its OK with them).

Neva Masquerade is a play with words; Neva is a river in St Petersburg, but also reminds of the word for new... And masquerade reminds of the word for masque, what we often call for a point.

Name? Alexander Nevskij then; the legendary duke and military leader from the medieval times....
Alexander can be nicknamed as Alex or Sasha in Russia, even if these names tend to be used mostly by girls in USA....

Otherwise, some other good russian name. Peter the Great, whom grounded St Petersburg on the Neva river??