What Breed Is My Cat?

Andyanne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've had Princess for about 7 to 8 years now. My Grandma found someone who was giving away kittens, and seemed rather eager to be rid of them. I've always wondered what breed she resembles most closely, as she's grown to be a very beautiful lady. Or at least the correct description for her appearance. I believe she's a calico domestic longhair? But I'm not certain if that's the correct description of her colouring and patterns.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

Oh my goodness what a pretty pretty cat!!! :loveeyes:

I think your description is good, but there will be other members with more expertise who can tell you for certain :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Andyanne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

Oh my goodness what a pretty pretty cat!!! :loveeyes:

I think your description is good, but there will be other members with more expertise who can tell you for certain :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately she knows she's pretty and uses it to her advantage quite often :lol: She definitely acts just like her namesake too.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful girl! I would describe her as a patched tabby and white (also known as torbie and white) domestic longhair.

Patched tabby and torbie are different words for the same thing: "tortoiseshell tabby." It means that she has brown tabby patches, instead of the black patches that you would see on a non-tabby tortie or calico.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow that is a cool pattern! She's like a brown tabby with patches of an orange tabby! So cool. No idea what to call her. Love her little mittens too!

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does the tail easily reach her shoulders?

Does she chirp a lot?

Does she have a square profile with a bump on the nose?

Shes a domestic long hair probably a mix of breeds