What Breed Is My Cat???

Mase801

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I just recently picked up this little guy and he is so sweet a pretty. I would love to know what breed you might think he is? I have no clue and the owners did not know either. They gave him away for free and he is so pretty and his personality is calm.. Which is perfect for me. Please help? By the name i named him Shadow :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very cute! His color would be described as blue (cat fanciers call gray cats "blue").

Most cats are simply domestic cats and do not have specific breed ancestry; we describe them as domestic shorthairs or domestic longhairs, depending on hair length. It's difficult to tell from this picture if he is going to be a longhaired or shorthaired cat, however. My guess would be shorthaired, but if he has a fluffy tail, he may turn out to be longhaired. You might have to wait and see.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s adorable! I think he’s going to end up as a shorthair because he doesn’t seem to have long ear furnishings. So, I would describe him as a blue Domestic Shorthair. You could also call him a Maltese cat.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abbycover Abbycover how old is the kitten in your picture? I would describe your kitten as a blue domestic shorthair. The blue color is frequently seen in the domestic cat population, and doesn't indicate any particular breed ancestry. Cute kitten!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Part of the (often confusing) thing is that unlike dogs, cats aren't widely categorized into specific breeds other than domestic shorthair or longhair. About 95% of cats in the US (and about 90% of cats in the UK) are not a "fancy" breed but simply domestic. Colors and patterns are another story, though! And of course, every cat is a wonderful individual.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Red tabby and white domestic longhair. He's so cute!!! I love the photo where it looks like he's taking a selfie.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It look like a Maine coon mixed to me
He really doesn't much at all. A huge majority of cats in the world are not any specific breed. They are just DSH or DLH but it is fun to guess what breeds they resemble. Your cat is a blue domestic short hair, and very cute too, but it doesn't really resemble a Russian Blue other than blue coat which doesn't mean anything as that is a normal color in the general cat population.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To KatieFox KatieFox , I would describe your Aslan as a red mackerel tabby and white domestic longhair. He is a gorgeous cat, and his name fits him perfectly :)

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The people I got him from said he was a blue Burmese cat

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abbycover Abbycover , your kitty clearly isn't a blue Burmese. Burmese have much rounder heads, large round eyes, short rounded body style, and flat shiny coats... and they are also a different color from your kitty! Blue Burmese cats are blue sepia (cold blue at the points, with a warmer color on the body). Your kitty is solid blue.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a well-known foundation Egyptian Mau named "Maslama of Fondcombe" that was imported from Egypt to France in 2001. You can search on "Maslama of Fondcombe" or "Maslama de Fondcombe" for more information.