What Breed Is My Cat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh! That was a gorgious one!

so she is in pattern a calico and tabby at the same time. Some will call it for caliby, others say patched tabby.

Breed seems to be a medium haired domestic, DMH.

the great majority of cats counts as domestics, not belonging to any particular breed. But some are more or less good look alikes to some recognized breed. And its of course a nice pastime to speculate what they are look alike to. :)

I, for taking just one example, Im a good look alike to Super Mario. Thereby not saying Im SuperMario for real, even if I was sometimes fondly called for him.

Is she biggish?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katkat2210

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh! That was a gorgious one!

so she is in pattern a calico and tabby at the same time. Some will call it for caliby, others say patched tabby.

Breed seems to be a medium haired domestic, DMH.

the great majority of cats counts as domestics, not belonging to any particular breed. But some are more or less good look alikes to some recognized breed. And its of course a nice pastime to speculate what they are look alike to. :)

I, for taking just one example, Im a good look alike to Super Mario. Thereby not saying Im SuperMario for real, even if I was sometimes fondly called for him.

Is she biggish?
Thank you !
Yes she is hugeee, everyone says she’s fat but she’s just big .
Here is she a half year ago :

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is very big, visibly bigger than most other cats, even males, she may have some big boned breed behind her. The statistics would favor a Maine coon parentage. Even if its not shrieking Maine coon look alike above her.

Katkat2210

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is very big, visibly bigger than most other cats, even males, she may have some big boned breed behind her. The statistics would favor a Maine coon parentage. Even if its not shrieking Maine coon look alike above her.
Maybe.. I remember I searched cats breeds online and the Maine coon resembled her a bit , except the ears
She is big ❤

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thinking on, of the three big breeds, she reminds most of Siberians, with her rounded jaw line.
Even if statistically speaking, if you are living in North America, its Maine coon whom is the mostly probable Ancestor.

Theoretically, the genes in the genepool of the domestics will fall out and recombine differently, and thus, some will be petite females, some will be huge females, and most somewhere inbetween...

Katkat2210

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thinking on, of the three big breeds, she reminds most of Siberians, with her rounded jaw line.
Even if statistically speaking, if you are living in North America, its Maine coon whom is the mostly probable Ancestor.

Theoretically, the genes in the genepool of the domestics will fall out and recombine differently, and thus, some will be petite females, some will be huge females, and most somewhere inbetween...
I live far away from America ^^
In the Middle East actually
I love that she’s big
But her fur ... too much hair falls, I find hair in my mouth daily!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are just big and it has nothing to do with Maine Coons or any other breed. My mother had a huge cat over 30 lbs in the early 1960s... the cat was a shorthair, there were almost no Maine Coons being bred at that time, and the few Maine Coons that did exist in the 1960s were were moderate in size, not huge.

If we are talking about statistics, purebred ancestry is very unlikely for any cat of unknown parentage, no matter how big the cat is.

Last edited:

Katkat2210

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hand in comparison haha