What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nuyori.  Your cat seems to have the so called Van pattern, but therefore it is not said she is a Turkish Van.

So you can probably say, "she is somewhat look alike a Turkish Van"

That breed of Turkish Van is quite rare.  But the pattern as such, made renown by that breed isnt rare at all!

What breed it is, depends not on what looks they happen to be, but what ancestry they do have.  Preferably registered ancestry with suitable papers and all, although sometimes good proofs may be enough.

Its at most 3% of all cats who do belong to a breed. the big majority is more or less random borne.

Good luck!

saffie01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my little Saffie, she's 4 and tiny! about 1\2 the size of an average moggy.
I got her from a pet shop as a kitten and ive wondered about what breed she might be or have traits of.
she probably is a standard breed i love the little scrag either way, I'm curious.
Her markings to me seem a bit funny but im no expert by a long shot.
Her stomach all the way town is a beige colour with black spots pretty symmetrical running down.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has yhe same markings as my buddy the orange kitten in my pics. I would say something close to my boy but i cant remember what the M on the forhead stands for

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The M is a feature you see on the foreheads of tabby cats. Classic, spotted, ticked, even calico if the forehead happens to be red. For some reason, a tabby pattern always produces some variant of that same M.

mrcat iwl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my little kitten, her name is Bell and she has dark grey ears they are a bit pointy,black tail,white and brown fur and she has blue eyes i would really like to know what breed she is thank yo for helping me

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
MrCat. How is her face? Isnt it a bit dark?  With darker ears, black tail, blue eyes, I suspect she is a point.

She is a tabby too, so it would be called for a Lynx point in the cat fanciers language.   (lynx point = point and tabby).

Breed is more difficult, probably no especial breed if you dont know more of background.  

Pointed cats, although striking, often just do appear.  If two point-gene carriers, themselves with random looks, do meet, they get one or two pointed kittens in that litter...  Parents can be purebred of some breed, they can be moggies with random looks.   Here we can suspects parents were tabbies, most probably "moggies" as it is the common for the cats of the world, and were point carriers too..

A little beauty you got here, little Bell!

Good luck!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I read in my cat magazines breeders who want to show make very little money and moggies can be shown as short/long haired house cat. I wrong of course. (I may be right i maybe wrong ya know you goin' ta miss me when I'm gone). Sorry. That popped into my head. A few months ago my vet phoned and asked me if I wanted a siamese. She had a male about 8 months who had been abandoned. Mad. So I've got him. Needless to say he was still whole and we presumed he hadn't had his vaccinations so it all got done. He also doesn't behave like a siamese buy that could also be from the trauma - being dumped outside. Being found by a woman and taken in over night. Then to the vet and finally to me. He hated being left alone which I can understand but I don't go out much. This was about 2 months ago. I got a moggy street kitten a few weeks ago and they adore each other. Thank goodness.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot one thing. How do I put pictures in so you can see what they look like.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The M is a feature you see on the foreheads of tabby cats. Classic, spotted, ticked, even calico if the forehead happens to be red. For some reason, a tabby pattern always produces some variant of that same M.
The M is said to mean Muezza (Beloved of Mohammed) after one of his cats. There is no reference to this except in historical non-religious writings.

Status
Not open for further replies.