What breed is my cat (Lucille)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry none of our 'resident experts' have come along yet to describe your cat for you. She is gorgeous and long haired to be sure!! She has the standard tabby marking on her forehead, but that is about as far as I can go. The coloring descriptions always throw me. I am guessing she would be considered a dilute torbie. Dilute because the coloring is faded, torbie would stand for tabby (striping) with tortoiseshell coloring.

Now, here's hoping one of the 'experts' come along soon and let you know - proving me wrong or, on a slim chance, right!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe Lucille as a brown tabby domestic longhair. She is a lovely cat and has such soulful green eyes! I believe her tabby pattern is either mackerel or spotted... with longhairs it can be a bit difficult to see the difference between those two patterns.

Most cats are not any particular breed, so we call them domestic longhair or shorthair depending on coat length.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K
Hi. Sorry none of our 'resident experts' have come along yet to describe your cat for you. She is gorgeous and long haired to be sure!! She has the standard tabby marking on her forehead, but that is about as far as I can go. The coloring descriptions always throw me. I am guessing she would be considered a dilute torbie. Dilute because the coloring is faded, torbie would stand for tabby (striping) with tortoiseshell coloring.

Now, here's hoping one of the 'experts' come along soon and let you know - proving me wrong or, on a slim chance, right!!
Torbie because of the fair "creme" mantle on the neck?

Nay, its common longhaire cats have lightish manes.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And, now we all know why I don't normally try to respond to these threads!!!! Drat!
I think I can see why you thought she was a dilute, because the photos are a little washed out in color? Generally, though, if a cat has ANY black on it anywhere, it isn't a dilute. Dilute cats can't produce black hairs.

And I think you guessed torbie because she looks a little patchy, or maybe because of the light colored mane as StefanZ says, but longhaired tabby cats can look that way. I'm not seeing any torbie patches, although there could be some patches hiding on her somewhere.