what breed is my cat breeder said Bengal x British blue short cross?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably neither. Spots on belly doesnt prove anything, because they are typical for tabbies. But many people thinks immediately its a bengal mix.

Kitten is very sweet, and if you like it so take it. but dont pay more than for a nice moggie. (=domestic).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. British blue are solid colored, so they wont give no tabby genes.

And the tabby on this kitten, even if we dont see much details from the body, is NOT of such type a grandchild to a bengal would have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louise10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ps. British blue are solid colored, so they wont give no tabby genes.

And the tabby on this kitten, even if we dont see much details from the body, is NOT of such type a grandchild to a bengal would have.
I have put some body pics up completely symmetrical identical both sides of body

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww beautiful kitten 😻 I would say he is a domestic short hair brown tabby tuxedo. I don’t see any British shorthair… his face is a bit flat maybe…as far as Bengal, I couldn’t tell for sure, however Bengals do not have symmetrical patterns, I think that is one of their hallmarks that they have asymmetry in the pattern on either side.

louise10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww beautiful kitten 😻 I would say he is a domestic short hair brown tabby tuxedo. I don’t see any British shorthair… his face is a bit flat maybe…as far as Bengal, I couldn’t tell for sure, however Bengals do not have symmetrical patterns, I think that is one of their hallmarks that they have asymmetry in the pattern on either side.
these look pretty symetrical on marbled bengal on this bengal cat website 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these look pretty symetrical on marbled bengal on this bengal cat website 🤷‍♀️
I mean each side of the cat, the pattern is different… your cat has the pretty much same pattern on each side.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mixing two cat breeds would make kittens that are neither breed and would be considered domestics but I don't really see any Bengal or BSH traits in your kitten so likely something the "breeder" made up to sell them, very common unfortunately for tabbies to be sold as bengal crosses. Very nice classic tabby with white DSH is what yours would be considered.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have put some body pics up completely symmetrical identical both sides of body
Now, these pics are nice, showing a rather fancy classical tabby. so while I still dont think there isnt not any real bengal in her, its not longer totally inprobable... Ancestry of a marbled bengal, isnt impossible here.

Not because of the spots on belly, but because of the fancy marbles.

louise10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mixing two cat breeds would make kittens that are neither breed and would be considered domestics but I don't really see any Bengal or BSH traits in your kitten so likely something the "breeder" made up to sell them, very common unfortunately for tabbies to be sold as bengal crosses. Very nice classic tabby with white DSH is what yours would be considered.
hi the breeder never sold them as that he actually just put mixed breed and he didn't charge over the odds I payed £50 I asked him wen he brought her to mine what breed was she her then said about bsh and bengal mix I was quite surprised that he didn't advertise that fact n sell for more once I looked into the "mixed breed" 😁

louise10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now, these pics are nice, showing a rather fancy classical tabby. so while I still dont think there isnt not any real bengal in her, its not longer totally inprobable... Ancestry of a marbled bengal, isnt impossible here.

Not because of the spots on belly, but because of the fancy marbles.
Thanks she is so beautiful I have an app. with vets next week she is only 16wks the 1st pics I put up she was 12wks she is a little clumsy with her back legs like her legs are to long for her body her back legs are definately longer than her front legs, she reminds me of a baby giraffe trying to get up and walk for the 1st time 🤣

ethan84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ever find out what it was? Have a kitty that looks the exact same.