What breed is my cat and is it a torbie?

dalmaric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone help me? Do you know what breed is our cat and is it a torbie? We recently adopted it. It is very kind. I will make more photos if it is needed. Thank you.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalmaric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I haven't mentioned, it is male. I am sorry because of many photos, I tried to find best angle for orange color. He lives i our apartment with two russian blue male cats (I think they are russian blue, maybe I will post them in next post) and they are very good together. Thank you.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, no torbie. He is a brown TABBY. They have often parts in warm brownish color. Its no true red color.

Please welcome with another post with your blue cats / rb

EDIT - sorry, I wrote wrong. Tabby, nothing else.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalmaric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you StefanZ and Willowy very much for answers and new informations. I thought so but I wasn't sure, it would be little odd that he is male torbie :) I will post photos with other two cats, maybe photo where they all are playing. Thank you again, best wishes.

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone help me? Do you know what breed is our cat and is it a torbie? We recently adopted it. It is very kind. I will make more photos if it is needed. Thank you.
Mix bred brown tabby + scottie cat. (Its not a tux because it only has white on its belly. Tux is short for tuxedo and is where the white is on the paws and belly, so its a brown tabby + scottie. I learned this from messybeast (and dont complain about my pfp im obsessed with gen z memes))

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure what messybeast says about it but there's no such thing as a scottie cat ;).
Oh, scottie is a pattern that is a crooked tuxedo cat, where the mittens are missing. Its another word for the Irish pattern

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure what messybeast says about it but there's no such thing as a scottie cat ;).
Wait nvm, that was when i was dumb. He is actually a mix bred trim brown tiger tabby cat. A trim is also another word for Irish but I don't use scottie anymore

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wait nvm, that was when i was dumb. He is actually a mix bred trim brown tiger tabby cat. A trim is also another word for Irish but I don't use scottie anymore
And I call cats with tuxedo patterns "piebald". I only call piebald cats that are black tuxedo cats.