What breed is he you think?

typena70

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
[

This is Prinze! He's all black it seems but in the light his coat seems to have patches of brown hair that are darker or lighter than others. He also has a few wisps of white hair on his chest and a stripe of white on his underside! He's very beautiful and I got him a few days ago at 6 months.hes very friendly and always climbs into my lap to be pet and then nap lol I've been wondering what breed he might be since the previous owner didn't know thank you

View media item 382344

Last edited by a moderator:

rubythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am really bad with cat breeds, but he kind of reminds me of an Abyssinian cat. This is a picture of one so that you can compare them:

The one I found online:                                                                                                      Your cat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

typena70

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am really bad with cat breeds, but he kind of reminds me of an Abyssinian cat. This is a picture of one so that you can compare them:

The one I found online:                                                                                                      Your cat:
Oh wow yes they are very similar! I think this suits more bc i was thinking Bombay at first[/url]

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I have never seen a black Abyssinian or even that they existed.  I can imagine how gorgeous and how much fun (trouble) they would be though.  

Prinze is really handsome @typena70  ,  with those great big pointy ears and shiny fur.  He looks to have a pretty musclular yet slim body and narrow face to go with his big ears so more like an Oriental / Foreign bread cat such as Aby.  However, without any family pedigree history my best guess is that he is a black shorthair.   I would love to see more photographs of him as he looks so adorably sleek.   I bet he is going to grow in to a very handsome and sleek adult cat too.