What breed is Fluffy?

cherinanpowell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I adopted Fluffy as a "domestic Longhair" but I'm almost convinced he's mixed with Norwegian Forest cat. His green eyes, triangular face (?) And thick coat are signs. He's definitely not purebred. Could someone help me out?
His eyes also seem yellow in some of these pictures, I'm not sure if it's my camera, but they are always green off camera.

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is absolutely gorgeous! A mix is always possible. One of the strays we trapped had two kittens that could have easily passed for purebred Siamese, to a non-breeder. The rest of the kittens were DSH. I don't know enough about breeding to say, but you certainly have a handsome gentleman. Welcome to TCS and bless you for adopting! Oh, and I love that little gray spot under his chin. That makes him look even more distinguished.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cherinanpowell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!! He's definitely a handsome and respectful gentleman ☺

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
def a ha ndsome kitty I could see him being partially wedgie. have you tried doing basepaws? they are a bit of fun and have some health reports on possible genetic concerns

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yeah, muzzle is definitely triangularish.... Easy to think on Norwegian. If the cat is visibly biggish, we may presume there is a nearby Ancestor.

If not, the cat moderate or even smallish, and these biggish ears, I would sooner suspect there is another Ancestor with prolonged muzzle; ie an Orientale or old type siamese...

cherinanpowell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeah, muzzle is definitely triangularish.... Easy to think on Norwegian. If the cat is visibly biggish, we may presume there is a nearby Ancestor.

If not, the cat moderate or even smallish, and these biggish ears, I would sooner suspect there is another Ancestor with prolonged muzzle; ie an Orientale or old type siamese...
He's actually pretty big! He's around 14lbs and he's five years old.

cherinanpowell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
def a ha ndsome kitty I could see him being partially wedgie. have you tried doing basepaws? they are a bit of fun and have some health reports on possible genetic concerns
I was also thinking wedgie! I haven't tried that but that's something to look into thank you!

cherinanpowell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello, I adopted Fluffy as a "domestic Longhair" but I'm almost convinced he's mixed with Norwegian Forest cat. His green eyes, triangular face (?) And thick coat are signs. He's definitely not purebred. Could someone help me out?
His eyes also seem yellow in some of these pictures, I'm not sure if it's my camera, but they are always green off camera.
Update to this to help!! His face is very short, I'm not sure if that's a quality of a specific cat breed though.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
cherinanpowell cherinanpowell Do you have any pictures of his profile? That can tell us more about his look-alike breeds than the straight on face shots.