What breed dog do you think she is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ears are natural. She loves to play (she's 6) especially with the kitties (& it's play not chasing). She used to get along well with all other dogs, but unfortunatly living with a dog that was very agresive towards her has made her a little more cautious with other dogs. She's the one that has developed seperation anxiety. That's about all I know about her.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Pricked ears are not natural to Danes, they have long rosebud ears and are cropped to stand upright.

As with pitties, they too don't have natural standning ears. Ears are cropped short for this breed.

I do see pittie is his face a little bit, but thats it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to my sister this morning & apparently the humane society that she came from had chow lab mix on her tag & admitted that she may have had some pit in her, but that they did not want that anywhere on her paper work. (you know how people are about certain breeds & since she was just a puppy they wanted her to have a chance) Apparently all the other puppies in the litter had long fluffy hair, but I know that dogs like cats can have more than 1 father in a litter.

hardcast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Pricked ears are not natural to Danes, they have long rosebud ears and are cropped to stand upright.
A Great Danes ears are not rosebud they should fold and be level with the skull, but you are right on the fact that their ears are cropped to be erect.
I have two beautiful blue girls with natural ears, that most people assume have to be a mix because their ears don't stand.

This is Tosca. We had to put the prong collar on because she likes to chase the chickens when they are out, and I also had to lighten up the picture because it was to dark.

And this is Indy as a puppy.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are too beautiful!

I love great danes... I use to have the sweetest all white dane. She was blind in 1 eye and deaf. She was the biggest sweetheart you would ever meet though. Danes just have the best personalities. I have only ever met 1 dane that was aggressive. Otherwise, they are all big babies.

hardcast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMO danes are some of the best dogs to have.
You are a true angel for taking in a special needs dane.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too love Danes...wonderful personalities.

I actually don't see Dane in this girl, however. I do see some pit, and possibly some boston terrier or boxer. Possibly some lab. It will be very hard to pin down exactly what she is...but she's a lovely looking dog, for sure.