What breed does my kitty resemble?

marfol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So, I have this cute little kitty, named Preben. He had some stomach issues, so we had him checked up by a vet. While examining him she pointed out that he had some features that reminded her of certain catbreeds, but I didn't ask her any further, I was more worried for my baby's ouchie tummy 😂

So, what breeds do you think he resembles? He is a rescue, so I know nothing about his parents.

IMG_20200212_180634_882.jpg
20191215_151314.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like a beautiful domestic shorthair. Others who are experts will pop in to describe his color but my guess is brown and white tabby.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so cute!! I hope his tummy is feeling better now?

Preben appears to be a brown ticked tabby and white domestic shorthair. "Ticked tabby" means that he doesn't appear to have tabby stripes on his body. Since he does have some stripes on his legs and tail, we can guess that he probably has just one copy of the ticked tabby pattern gene (it's a dominant trait).

Ticked tabby is associated with the Abyssinian breed. Other than the ticking, however, he doesn't look like an Aby, so if he does have any Aby ancestry it would be relatively far back in his family tree. Maybe that breed is what the vet was thinking of?