What breed does my cat resemble?

KaiAsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am new here!
My cat's name is Pebbles, but we all call her Poofy, because, well, she is. We got her from someone that was moving so we obviously don't have paperwork and we have never done a genetic test. I honestly just git curious as to what breed she resembles recently and decided to ask here. She started off sleek with shorter hair, then all of a sudden she got fluffy. She gets mats really easily. I have the before fluff pictures, which was I believe like 5 years ago now... she was like 2 or 3.

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks just like my Isabel when she was younger! I've been told she resembles a Nebelung but I don't know much about the breed and I've never done a DNA test on her. However our cats could be identical so maybe look it up and see what you think!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KaiAsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see you were told that, they all look like carbon copies of each other. My cat definitely seems to resemble that breed, especially with her odd silivery (fluffy) paws. It definitely would be interesting to get her tested, not that it matters, but I would love to see just for curiosity's sake.

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep!
She's ALL silver, no other colors. So it's very interesting. I've love to do a DNA test, I just don't think she'd enjoy me swapping her haha

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think she resembles the older Persian/Angora cats that modern domestic longhairs and the breed Persians descend from. Long haired cats in the west have the same gene pool but Persians as a breed have now been bred to have shorter/squashed faces.
Take a look at Persians in the past:
smoke persians - THE BOOK OF THE CAT
There are a few pics; so a good page for comparison. I can see a similarity with your cat and note they mention the ragged period before the full coat develops.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a domestic long hair to me. Most cats have very little breeds in them. She is beautiful :) All longhair kittens tend to not look poofy from 12 weeks old. Even at a year old they don't have their full poof on. My 3 they tend to really floof out.