What breed does my cat resemble?

Lara13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - just adopted Stormi from a rescue. She’s about 2 years old. What breed does she resemble?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely! :redheartpump:

I would describe Stormi as a blue mackerel tabby domestic longhair. Blue is the cat fancy term for gray. Mackerel tabby refers to her tabby pattern of parallel stripes. She has beautiful green eyes, too!

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. I'm not seeing a close resemblance to a specific breed in these pictures. That doesn't make her any less beautiful or special, though! I am a big fan of blue kitties, and she has her own special look :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's adorable, her ear clip gives her such a cute look.

She's a domestic medium haired blue (gray) mackerel (because the stripes are like fishbones :) tabby cat, really doesn't seem to resemble any breed in particular to me. Coat is blue (i.e. gray).

edited because lutece lutece and I crossed paths and I wanted to mention it LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lara13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I would describe Stormi as a blue mackerel tabby domestic longhair. Blue is the cat fancy term for gray. Mackerel tabby refers to her tabby pattern of parallel stripes. She has beautiful green eyes, too!

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. I'm not seeing a close resemblance to a specific breed in these pictures. That doesn't make her any less beautiful or special, though! I am a big fan of blue kitties, and she has her own special look :)
Thank you. She is beautiful and we’re dying to cuddle and squeeze her but she’s not having any of it!!! Lol

Lara13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with the replies above but, if I had to pick a breed that she resembles I think I would go with Siberian though, not a strong resemblance. She does appear to have short legs from the picks. She's adorable! I can see why you would want to cuddle and squeeze her. Give her some time, she'll come around in her own time. Welcome to the site!

Lara13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Love the site!