Karennnnzx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
E8356F32-622E-429A-9847-7C132194AB6D.jpeg
BD36C28C-784E-4905-A0DF-FE6195172537.jpeg
4271AD5D-9003-4D47-AE39-DAAED610ACA5.jpeg
BB0AF064-3BCC-4644-8037-1ABC5ED56277.jpeg
6 weeks old and she’s the cutest thing ever. I have no idea what her parents look like, but would still like to have somewhat of an idea of what breed she looks like.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is a domestic shorthair as the breed. That means a cat of indeterminate breed with short hair. When she gets older someone may be able to guess at a breed she is a lookalike to, but without pedigree papers a cat is always a domestic.

Coloration is tortishell tabby or torbie. Although the oranges are not my strong point so she could be a calico tabby. Either dad was an orange tabby or Mom was orange tabby, tortishell or calico. The other parent was likely a brown tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karennnnzx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a domestic shorthair as the breed. That means a cat of indeterminate breed with short hair. When she gets older someone may be able to guess at a breed she is a lookalike to, but without pedigree papers a cat is always a domestic.

Coloration is tortishell tabby or torbie. Although the oranges are not my strong point so she could be a calico tabby. Either dad was an orange tabby or Mom was orange tabby, tortishell or calico. The other parent was likely a brown tabby.

Yea the orange is what’s throwing me off :/ I don’t know much about cats :dunno: Thank you for the response!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Coloring is not my strong suit, but my girl Olive is a tortoiseshell coloring (or "tortie" for short). This means she has black and orange mixed throughout. These are typically only girl cats. Usually when the colors are more pastel, they call that "dilute". A "torbie" is a tortie cat with the tabby markings (the striped pattern).

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’d call her a dilute torbie Domestic Shorthair. She is an adorable little kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karennnnzx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Coloring is not my strong suit, but my girl Olive is a tortoiseshell coloring (or "tortie" for short). This means she has black and orange mixed throughout. These are typically only girl cats. Usually when the colors are more pastel, they call that "dilute". A "torbie" is a tortie cat with the tabby markings (the striped pattern).

Olive is so pretty! Thanks for your response