Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
  1. The Basepaws giveaway is officially over. Click here to see who won and grab your $20 discount coupon!

What Breed Do You Think Pokie Is?

Discussion in 'Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?' started by Karennnnzx, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

1. Karennnnzx

Karennnnzx Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Wednesday
    E8356F32-622E-429A-9847-7C132194AB6D.jpeg BD36C28C-784E-4905-A0DF-FE6195172537.jpeg 4271AD5D-9003-4D47-AE39-DAAED610ACA5.jpeg BB0AF064-3BCC-4644-8037-1ABC5ED56277.jpeg 6 weeks old and she’s the cutest thing ever. I have no idea what her parents look like, but would still like to have somewhat of an idea of what breed she looks like.

2. Kieka

Kieka Snowshoe Servant Staff Member Forum Helper

She is a domestic shorthair as the breed. That means a cat of indeterminate breed with short hair. When she gets older someone may be able to guess at a breed she is a lookalike to, but without pedigree papers a cat is always a domestic.

Coloration is tortishell tabby or torbie. Although the oranges are not my strong point so she could be a calico tabby. Either dad was an orange tabby or Mom was orange tabby, tortishell or calico. The other parent was likely a brown tabby.

3. Karennnnzx

Wednesday

Yea the orange is what’s throwing me off :/ I don’t know much about cats :dunno: Thank you for the response!

4. KarenKat

KarenKat TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 4, 2018
    Burlingame, CA
    Coloring is not my strong suit, but my girl Olive is a tortoiseshell coloring (or "tortie" for short). This means she has black and orange mixed throughout. These are typically only girl cats. Usually when the colors are more pastel, they call that "dilute". A "torbie" is a tortie cat with the tabby markings (the striped pattern).

[​IMG]

Docs Mom and StefanZ purraised this.
  5. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    I’d call her a dilute torbie Domestic Shorthair. She is an adorable little kitten!

Karennnnzx purraised this.
  6. Karennnnzx

Wednesday
    Olive is so pretty! Thanks for your response

KarenKat purraised this.
  7. Karennnnzx

Wednesday
    Thank you!(:

8. StefanZ

StefanZ Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Sep 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Add also "with white" to the description to make it complete.

abyeb and KarenKat purraised this.
  9. Karennnnzx

Wednesday
    Awesome! Thank you :happycat: