What breed do you think my cat is?

HereKittyKitty!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a male and we adopted him from a shelter a couple of years ago... He looks to me like some sort of American shirt hair but u have no idea... any thoughts as to his breed?
IMG_20200301_092103.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From this picture, I would describe your cat as a white domestic shorthair. He looks very serene in this picture, with a sweet smile. If you have more pictures of your cat, feel free to post them here so we can get a better look at him!

Most cats aren't any particular breed, and aren't mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. Domestic cats without any particular breed are called either domestic shorthair, or domestic longhair, based on coat length. There is lots of variety in the domestic cat, and you will see lots of variety in coat and eye colors, head shapes, body shapes and sizes, coat lengths and coat texture. Each one is unique and special!

The American Shorthair is a pedigreed breed that was developed over many years, originally using foundation stock from the British Shorthair breed combined with native domestic shorthairs. At this time, the American Shorthair is quite different from the native domestic shorthair, and it's not likely that you would find one in a shelter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HereKittyKitty!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From this picture, I would describe your cat as a white domestic shorthair. He looks very serene in this picture, with a sweet smile. If you have more pictures of your cat, feel free to post them here so we can get a better look at him!

Most cats aren't any particular breed, and aren't mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. Domestic cats without any particular breed are called either domestic shorthair, or domestic longhair, based on coat length. There is lots of variety in the domestic cat, and you will see lots of variety in coat and eye colors, head shapes, body shapes and sizes, coat lengths and coat texture. Each one is unique and special!

The American Shorthair is a pedigreed breed that was developed over many years, originally using foundation stock from the British Shorthair breed combined with native domestic shorthairs. At this time, the American Shorthair is quite different from the native domestic shorthair, and it's not likely that you would find one in a shelter.
He is outside so I can't get photos right now but I will post some when he. Comes in...