What breed do you think my cat is? 😊

Rach_lindsay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve had my cat for around a year now & have always wondered what kind she is - some think she’s a mix of something others think she’s just a long haired cat. She’s really playful but doesn’t like being stroked for very long and will bite & claw quite often. Never heard of this in a cat but she seems to growl at anyone walking outside past the window! 😂 does anyone else’s cat do this?

Attachments

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it's mixed with any pure breed I'd say ragdoll. That cat has a specific type of longhair fur that gives it a very ragdollish silhouette.

Also, looking at that first picture, it's not recommended to use devo (de-evolution) devices on cats. They lose a lot of quality and grace. What most people do with a devo gun is use it on a chicken and get a T-Rex.

Never heard of this in a cat but she seems to growl at anyone walking outside past the window! 😂 does anyone else’s cat do this?
People, no. Other cats, definitely.

In fact I have to keep strays away from the window because my cats will get so upset they'll redirect on each other.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a lovely cat!

I would describe your cat as a black and white domestic longhair. I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to any specific breed in your pictures. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, but that doesn't make them any less special... domestic longhairs are great cats :)

Were you looking for advice on the biting and clawing, or are you comfortable working around it?