What breed/color is she?

CaramelKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all!
I understand that my strange little kitten-like critter isn’t a purebred of any sort, I’m just curious to hear what you guys think she resembles the most. :)
If anybody knows her color pattern, I’d love to hear about that too! :biggrin:
Her Mom was feral calico pattern and I have no information on her Dad.
She looks like a tabby calico but I don’t think that’s the fancy word for it. :lol:
4D5F5770-6468-4D62-9EA7-EAFD412FA7F4.jpeg 1F093F31-A8C8-412C-9A7A-DF7F17E5D9B8.jpeg 8DD774DA-F349-4702-945F-B3FA9DC662DD.jpeg 1389C4E2-D87E-4B9F-9EBF-C1A3F0B132B9.jpeg

She didn’t feel like opening her eyes for any photos. I can get more if needed.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks to be a brown tabby and white. Really doesn't resemble any particular breed, but given the head shape and the ears, may have some of the oriental breeds (Siamese, oriental shorthair) influence. She is a beauty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When you write a tabby calico, what do you mean?
A tabby and white - as she is?

Or a tabby and calico, ie a combo of tabby, red/creme, black / blue and white - what is often called for torbie and white.

I dont think she carries true red / creme. some parts seems reddish, but its probably because being a brown tabby, some parts are warm brown, almost reddish...

So, she is a brown mackerel tabby and white. If her tail is bushy she will count as longhair. If not - shorthair; I dont see on these photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CaramelKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you write a tabby calico, what do you mean?
A tabby and white - as she is?

Or a tabby and calico, ie a combo of tabby, red/creme, black / blue and white - what is often called for torbie and white.

I dont think she carries true red / creme. some parts seems reddish, but its probably because being a brown tabby, some parts are warm brown, almost reddish...

So, she is a brown mackerel tabby and white. If her tail is bushy she will count as longhair. If not - shorthair; I dont see on these photos.
I really meant white, with black tabby patches. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CaramelKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks to be a brown tabby and white. Really doesn't resemble any particular breed, but given the head shape and the ears, may have some of the oriental breeds (Siamese, oriental shorthair) influence. She is a beauty!
I was thinking Siamese for her head and ears too!
I’m told there is a Breed of cat called Munchkin. Her legs are somewhat short so I thought she may be part munchkin. Definitely not purebred though! :lol:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m told there is a Breed of cat called Munchkin. Her legs are somewhat short so I thought she may be part munchkin.
I don't have experience with Munchkins (the Cat Fanciers Association doesn't recognize them), but from seeing photos of Munchkins, I don't think your baby has any in her. A munchkins legs are much shorter (think Dachshund dog type legs).