What Breed Are These Cats?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There are two possibilities here, Balinese or Ragdoll. They could have a little longer fur, but they dont always are furish. Both are supposed to be mediumhaired - "semilonghairs" in the official categorising.

With these bushy tails, they ARE mediumhairs. And as their muzzles are rather longish, I would think balineses (ie mediumlonghaired siamese). They tend often to be more alike old type siamese sooner than the slender modern type siamese with its long muzzle and big ears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eversocatty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow...thank you stefanz.Really appreciate the answer. I was given a kitten (photo attached) from those parents and they told me it's a Himalayan cat. My kitten is about 2 1/2 months old and has the colorings of a himmie.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
the label himalayan is a little loose. we here understand by himalayan a pointed persian. Whom btw often doesnt has so flat faces as modern show persians. they are often quite alike old type persian.

But I have noticed some use the word himalayan as a sort of synonyme for pointed.

Yours kitten could be such a not very protruding himalayan. But what baffles me, his parents have more protruding muzzles than he... Perhaps they carry different lines, and he got a combo of the short muzzle...

Anyway, if these are the parents, I understand he is a purebred of sorts. Its no accident oops but some sort of planning.

Congrats!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look to be non show quality Himalayans possibly. My first pedigreed cats were Himalayans who looked similar. Coat length depends on genetics as well as season of the year.
Whom btw often doesnt has so flat faces as modern show persians. they are often quite alike old type persian.
The show Himalayan in Europe may well not be as flat of face as the other Persians, but here in the states the ones shown are. Mine, however were total pets!