What background do you think my Moggy has??

maestromad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little moggy is short haired; blue-eyed and super big at 3.5kg at 4 months old.
He has the most beautiful markings and although he looks permanently grumpy I promise he’s the happiest little thing.
so what breed do you guys think he’s most like?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's so cute! With any cat, unless they have a pedigree, we can't tell for sure what breed they are. That being said, your boy is a lookalike to a Snowshoe cat! To describe him, accurately you could describe him as a seal point bicolor Domestic Shorthair, or a Domestic Shorthair with snowshoe markings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maestromad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oooh you are right he’s the image of them isn’t he? it's more out of curiosity than anything - he’s always going to be our Moggy from Essex.
his mum was white with a black mark and blue eyes and he had white female siblings and ginger and white brothers!
The vet asked today if he was a particular breed but my OH couldn’t remember which one - we currently aren’t allowed in the bets with them so it’s all done by phone thanks to COVID-19

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds as he is the only point in the batch. So it would give, two non pointed parents, but both carriers of the point gene. This gives typically 1 kitten of four pointed, the others non pointed.

Momma has blue eyes, but if she wasnt a point so she wasnt. blue eyes with non points int that common, but its certainly not forbidden.

OR she was a point, but having much white on her, her face masque and her dark points was hidden by all the white... And thus, it wasnt apparent she is a true point. Such happens too.

Any ways, for all practical reasons, count him as a domestic shorthair, seal point with white.
Even if he is a totally look alike to a Snowshoe, he surely isnt, they are rare.
He could of course be a natural child to an untypical old type siamese.