What are your top 10 favorite cat breeds?!

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What are your top 10 favorite cat breeds? Mine are Peterbalds, Oriental/Colorpoint Shorthairs, Toygers, American Curls,  Korats, Maine Coons, Javanese, Raggamuffins, Somali and Bengals!

Every cat breed is unique, but these are my favorite ones and also to tell you the truth a am not a big fan of the Sphinx and Persian cats, sorry.

Kiki would poke my eyes out if i did not say Peterbald!!!

Kiki's Mommy

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never met a cat I DIDN'T like so this is a hard one. All cats are beautiful in their own way. I won't buy a purebreed. There are too many cats in shelters and rescues who are desperate for homes (I don't judge anyone who does though as all cats deserve homes and to be loved) 

Persian (preferably doll faced because I have 2 (from a shelter so technically they are domestic long haired)  but I love them all dearly). They have those sweet, angelic little faces that I cannot resist. 

Russian Blue- My first real kitty love was a blue/gray kitty. I don't know if he was RB or not but sure looked like one and every time I see one I think of him. He belonged to some friends many years ago and he and I adored each other. They always thought that he loved me more than he did them and I agree. He certainly trusted me more. 

Sphynx- I find their beauty hypnotizing. They are just stunning

British Shorthair- They are so teddy bear like and so cute. 

Maine Coon-- So beautiful and fun to cuddle with

Savannah- They are beautiful and look like a lot of fun

Bengal- Same reasons as the Savannah

Scottish Fold- Such cute face and of course- those ears 

Bombay- I have always been drawn to black cats

Egyptian Mau- Beautiful coats and sweet faces

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I could come up with 10 purebreds.  I have always wanted a Siamese, one of the more traditional ones rather than a modern show quality type.  I also love Maine Coons because of their size usually coupled with a gentle disposition.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, goodness.  This is a tough question.  I only take in strays or adopt from shelters, so the only purebred cats I've had were given to me.  (I have nothing against ethical breeders or people that choose to buy specific breeds.  Just want to throw that in; don't want to offend anybody.)  

I can't choose ten, but my favorite by personal experience is Persian.  My aunt was a breeder and gave me a Persian for Christmas when I was a child. She was so sweet and beautiful.  The only white cat I've ever had.     

Last edited:

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
snowshoes

ragdolls

birmans

maine coons

doll face persians

british shorthairs

scottish folds

norwegian forest cat

turkish van

turkish angora

Last edited:

sweatheart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say main coon. My baby girl is a lil offer a year old she is a main coon tabby mix. She is very loving and sleeps with my husband and I. She love all creatures except dogs. She has never had her own litter but has helped me raise three litters of kittens and a baby rabbit and now chills with two guinea pigs that I have. And she loves baby humans lol. Best cat I've ever had. O and I love the low rider tabby mix. But they are more independent lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not going there. Quite honestly, all my cats have been DSHs....I guess that's the term for them. And I love them all dearly.

I won't buy a purebred....too many strays and shelter cats need homes.

sweatheart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All my cats have always been rescue kitties even rabbits except my baby boy Biggin(the rabbit) lol.